Weird issue with PT12.5 & Plugin Alliance Bundle 2022 R2R

Discussion in 'PC' started by worthfriendship, Nov 7, 2023.

1. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

So whenever I have a PA plugin on with audio going through it nothing plays? It’s just silent. Weird enough when I open the plugin the audio starts playing and then when I tab the plugin out it cuts off the audio again. If I bypass the plugin it still won’t play but if I make it inactive the audio starts to play?

here’s a video showing:

I spent most of my day yesterday trying to troubleshoot it and do research of my own before making a post but i couldn’t find anything helping my specific issue.

The only semi work around I’ve found is running pro tools as admin seems to fix the whole issue with the audio?

(Extra Notes)

-Windows 11

-2022 Plugin Alliance R2R Bundle

-Audio Utopia Pro Tools 12.5

3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I'm curious. When you click on the key does it say the plugins are registered?

@worthfriendship For future reference, please only ask the question once..

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Is the computer it's on connected to the internet? If so.. are you firewalled properly?

5. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

I click the key and it prompts me to register for an additional device? I tried going through the steps and activating again still no luck.

I do apologize I will in the future only post a question once I can go remove my previous post with this question

6. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

it is yes. I am trying to activate offline. I have tried turning off the internet then activating offline as I heard that could help but no difference.
    I think I have the firewall set up right? What would be the proper way so I could do a double check?

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Firewall should be setup for everything to be blocked, except for your internet browser and certain items like Skype / Emails for example.
    You should also make sure your hosts file is secure too. (This will block certain addresses from connecting to the net)

Once software dials home it can be a nightmare to undo.

Don't worry about it.. You can ask mods to remove it, just give reason as 'duplicate post'

---------------------------------

Do you have this problem with any other plugins on Pro Tools?

Do you have this problem with the same plugins on a different DAW?

Can you try perhaps on a different computer with the same setup only using Win 10 for example.

That way we can narrow down the problem.

Of course if you want to pm me and show me your hosts file, I can show you how to secure it. Also, what firewall are you using? Standard win 11 one?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  8. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

Okay so just double checking I should not allow for Pro Tools or other programs alike through the firewall (aka block them) only apps like skype and internet explorer?

any pointers on altering the hosts? any forums on that or anything? ik you are basically blocking access to a website? I wonder if there is a line, I could add to the hosts file that would help? I have only added some things to the hosts file, only really when an install calls for it.

how would one undo a software dialing home? maybe this could be the problem?
    I have tried a clean install by uninstalling it with the uninstaller, then removing any loose files in App data/Roaming, Program Aata, Program Files ran Regedit and did a cleanup, did CCleaner did a cleanup, even tried different releases from r2r?

this release I've used with no problems vst3 that is. till now swapping to pro tools 12.5 using aax. I mean I figured they would work as long as your on a AU Pro Tools Release which I am.

i have tons of plugins running (softube, eiosis, slate, waves, valhalla, fabfilter) and PA is the only ones doing this that i have noticed

i have used these fine with vst3 in ableton, reaper, and FL

i do have a 2nd pc with win10 let me do a check!

I'll shoot you a PM with my hosts file so you can see what i can do!

also just did a quick check my firewall is just the basic windows 11 and i was allowing pro tools through it..?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2023
  9. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

did a check on my win 10 setup on PT 12.5 same PA release it works fine no problems?
    (this pc is offline tho wonder if that changes it)

10. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

blocked Pro Tools Connection In the Firewall didn't fix

looks like i might consider a downgrade to win 10? idk what else. luckily i got pretty much everything already backed up and a win 10 installer laying around

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2023
  11. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

If you haven't done so, clean again, reinstall again, and disable your computer from the internet before you attempt to launch PT again. I don't use Pro Tools or Plugin Alliance, but what I suggested is normal fare for keeping software from phoning home. It's possible that you'd have to keep that machine unplugged to maintain functionality of those plugins. Some folks around these parts never connect their Windows machines to the internet. They have separate machines for audio and internet use. You might be able to get around doing so, but consider it.

12. worthfriendship

worthfriendship Newbie

i might try that. im also just debating downgrading to window 10, ik it can be a hassle re installing everything but seems like it might be a more stable rig in the long haul?

Ik ive read a fair amount of people who never go online with their audio machine, I use too have my laptop for online and my desktop for audio but as the need for a mobile machine grew and my laptop being faster i swapped over. might have to consider it again