Weird issue with Audient 14 mkii

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by ptpatty, Nov 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Hey folks! I'm having a strange random issue with my Audient 14 mkii. I'm on Windows 10 using Reaper 6.7.
    I have the Audient's outputs 1 and 2 going to left and right studio monitors. I have output 3 going to a Subwoofer. (I know, it's an old sub that has to be routed that way but it's worked for me for years)
    The problem is at random startups, the outputs somehow get switched internally. Example would be channel 3's output now being sent it to the right monitor instead of the subwoofer. Reaper's routing menu does not show a change. After a few computer and interface reboots it fixes itself. I've looked around the net and cannot find anyone who has had this problem. I'm pretty sure it's not something I'm doing as everything can be working fine one day, then once the computer and interface are rebooted the next day, the problem arises.
    Thanks guys!

3. notrace

notrace Producer

I would hope Audient Support would be of more help to you. First thing I would check is to make sure you are using the latest driver from Audient? Have you tried another interface cable?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  4. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Yeah, drivers are definitely up to date but I haven't tried a different USB C cable, good idea! I'm also thinking that maybe I should just leave the interface plugged in all the time instead of unplugging it after each session.