Weird issue: Sound cuts off when I merge 2 clips

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Juan Wayne, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Juan Wayne

Juan Wayne Newbie

When I merge two clips that overlap, one clip will be cut abruptly while the other will sound normal, just like it did before the merge.

The weird part is it only happens if both clips are, even for the shortest period of time, simultaneously at their “normal” level; i.e. none of them is fading in or out at some point during the overlap. (I do have “play overlaps” enabled by the way.)

It doesn’t happen when I cross them over using X, because they’re never both at full at the same time, not even if I do the fades manually, as long as only one clip is at unity gain at once during the entire overlap.

The issue DOES happen if both clips are at their set level at the same time, even for the slightest period.

For example, on a scenario where I have clip n°1 going on, clip n°2 comes in, then n°1 goes away: once merged, I’ll hear clip n°1 until it goes away, and only then will clip n°2 start coming through. The same happens with fades, but clip n°2 will come in abruptly once track 1 starts fading, which is why I noticed it was related to levels.

But, to make it even weirder, if I send clip n°2 to the front (like with the option “event, send to front”), it’ll do the exact opposite.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume it’s not supposed to work this way. It noticed it on 4.5, still going on with 4.6, I’ve re-installed Studio One, even tried on two different PCs with Windows 7 and 10.