Weird issue installing Omnisphere (no one talked about it on any forum)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pierre andrews, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Pierre andrews

Pierre andrews Newbie

WINDOWS 10

Good morning all,
    Sorry to make one more post on omnisphere but I have had a hard time with this plug in for 1 month.
    When I insert the first 2d1 image disk during installation. This message appears on my screen.

Screen Bug.png

If I ignore this message and start the installation, a new message appears:

RDT_20200229_1840331798743822294324347.jpg

It is therefore with the greatest kindness that I call for help.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020

Attached Files:

3. Ad_Vyse

Ad_Vyse Member

Looks like you have your install directory set to "Read Only." Thus the installer cannot write new information to it. Check properties of desired install directory for whether or not "Read Only" is checked.

You also could have windows defender set to disallow writing to what Windows calls "controlled folders." Check windows defender virus protection services to see if your desired install directory is listed under "controlled folder access."

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Totally incorrect. This issue has been explained 100000000 times on this forum. What the OP needs to do is create a folder named Spectrasonics. Change the "owner to "everyone" and give user/owner "everyone" full permissions. That is the propper way to do it. the read only checkbox does not have anything to do with it. In fact, after more than 300 of these installs the checkbox remains checked.

5. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

@pirate, Could you write bigger because I can't read you.