Weird digital distortion happening when moving any windows.

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by lemjello, Jan 23, 2017.

1. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Furman PL-8CE

2. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Appreciated friend.

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

No problemo! :headbang:

It's really good for the money. You can hook up everything from computers to speakers, no problem, and get clean power with lowest hum and noise possible. It took me years to realise I needed one, and now I couldn't be without it. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

I can't help with how to resolve this but can add my 2 cents :

I've had 3 self-built PC in my life, and ALL of them had this. Every windows, mouse movement, opening, every action you do is heard at like -60dbFS, it's like pitchs and distortions, different for every single action. And it DISAPPEAR when I open a DirectX game OR a DAW (Pro Tools & FL), it's only happening when Windows is the "sound master" it seems. Right when some driver/service pick up the sound (Direct X, ASIO, DAW Asio), it stop.

I've never found a true explanation, but this thread have some serious arguments. I've always thought it was the CPU magnetic waves passing through the MB to the soundcard, I wasn't that much wrong it seems :rofl:

First I thought it was because my Speakers were plugged on the same electric multi-plug than the PC and picking up some weird frequencies related to the CPU working...

I must add that I think if it's not a real physical problem (ground, screening etc) (because this "problem" probably can have many causes) it might be related to graphics drivers. On all my PCs I've always had AMD graphics. On my actual one I for the first time "upgraded" to Nvidia. (R9 270X to GTX1060), and now with the Nvidia drivers, the noises reduced DRASTICALLY, like -80%, and the remainings are really quiter and bass-ier. It's like very low "humphf" only instead of many differents high pitched glitchs, sizzling... I really don't know what to think now :rofl:

EDIT : Is the Furman M-10 x E okay too? I might get one if it really helps reducing these.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

"If you cant lose it (windows noise), use it"
    -Daft Punk