Website to buy .wav format?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tad Mikowski, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Tad Mikowski

Tad Mikowski Guest

Hi guys, for edm music is not a problem, (use beatport).. Where can i buy pop, rock, rap, etc. in uncompressed wav format?
    Please excuse my bad English..:beg:

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Maybe you need flac and other lossless?
    There is no point to buy wav, bigger file size, the same quality, 1:1.
    If it is recorded bad, produced bad, mixed bad, mastered bad, your ultimate sample rates , bit depths, file sizes, expensivest monitors, platinum topnotch wires, tube DACs with 128 bit 384 khz will not save your audio. Mp3 and earbuds and beer are enuff for this.
    Wav for me is studio format to work with, flac for listening, but still the most editors work proper with it, others like nero wave editor has issues with editing, you cut one, and get another result, something with timing, bad editor or bad flac support or old flac library version. As I know, there is no 32 bit support only...
    But if you want wav, just buy flac and export as wav. No loss in quality. They null in testing, means that no difference in quality.​

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Tad Mikowski

Tad Mikowski Guest

I didn't know, thanks.
    I need the lossless format to work with mashup and sampling..
    Ok, thank you..:cheers:

5. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Some sites have region restrictions but I buy from Quobuz.com and Bandcamp.
    There is also 7digital.com, For higher bit and sample rates there is hd.tracks, prostudiomasters.com, mergerecords.com and a whole lot more.

Flac is OK.

6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

music is usually sold as lossy formats,
    if you need losless (and that is good aim), then FLAC is an option many stores offer

7. Tad Mikowski

Tad Mikowski Guest

Thank you all! :)

8. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Yes it is good practice to use lossless 4 editing.

No you do not need it. I've made edits using 128kps upscaled to 320kps mp3, etc.

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

as a matter of fact, mp3 approximate the audio signal and its length,
    so using mp3s you'll quickly run into problems when trying to make perfect rhytmical loops, exact duration samples,
    and moreover every audio save into mp3 recalculates and slightly damages its audio quality,
    mp3 is no good in nowadays world of cheap storages and relatively fast internet speeds

10. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Try doing a search on the sister Z site. Many labels with audio examples and lnks to sites for more info.
    Some free.

11. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Sure, but I'm saying it's not as bad as you think, depending on the type of edits you make, bitrate, and content. MP3's psychoacoustic model is extremely good now. I'm not advocating for lossy mixing, I'm just saiyan it's a choice.

This is not a function of lossy compression, rather this is a function of samplerate or DAW.

no matter if it's a 44k WAV or MP3, if your SR is not a perfect multiple of your BeatsPerSecond (if my maths is right), you will not be able to get sample-accurate rhythmic looping for a sample-accurate DAW. Actually this is most times.

So you will need a SUB-sample-accurate DAW. This is not a DAW wars thread, but I do have a SUB-sample-accurate DAW.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  12. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

actually it's really easy to hear, when you play an album exported into mp3 and into flac, in first case songs will never transition flawlessly inbetween tracks

13. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

HDtracks has WAV 96/24 to offer but the catalogue is a bit small. If you changed your mind to go for FLAC, maybe take a look at 7digital.

14. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

You never quote any technical features of MP3 which makes it bad, which leaves me guessing. If it's fixed block sizes, you can apply crossfading in your player. In any case, a gapless album is not necessarily important, and you should be making your tracks in multiples of 1s if you're targeting CD (CD is 75fps). (q)AAC may support gapless with the 'smart padding' feature.

They have a testing process

https://www.hdtracks.com/quality

But it's really easy to bypass as you can excite & badly resample your way to fill those gaps after 44k.

15. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Additional note:
    Also, as for other alternatives, the price for a CD album is somewhat cheaper than the price for an album in HD digital format. If you prefer to rip from original CD source, maybe take a look at EAC as a tool for those jobs. WAV supported / CD quality.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  16. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual