We forget 90 percent of what we learn within one week.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Calm.Down, Feb 28, 2019.

1. doctorG

doctorG Kapellmeister

BUT...."Does your inner ear actually hear what your inner voice is telling you"?

2. DaVa-67

DaVa-67 Kapellmeister

I think we tend to remember things easier that hold meaning to us personally. If we are interested in a certain pop group for example or we really like a piece of software then we tend to pay more attention to details about those things as we are more emotionally connected to them. Our emotional attachment soaks up the details with less effort.
    Things we have to learn as part of a course or job description seems more of a task as we have to put more effort into remembering the details of these things because they're more or less imposed on us.
    Most other everyday stuff I reckon goes into unconscious memory and usually can be recalled when needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Calm.Down

Calm.Down Banned

The unethical opportunist part of the brain incapacitates the inner ear most of the time. Takes a long time to knock that nasty part out, but again no guarantee to bring it to a halt forever if not supervised carefully.

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I think that it is closer to 89%. I remembered to zipper my jeans this morning which I do 89% of the time.