We Are Dark Redone Vote Which one You like better.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by The Teknomage, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Whic one do you think sounds better

1. We Are Dark 5

2. We Are Dark 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

I'd say you're pretty close with that style wise. The lo fi and clunkiness is very much part of my style, as most of my gear is somewhat lo fi and clunky.:cool:

2. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

O.K so done a couple of re runs to get the vocal more up front, with a vote.

3. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

Didn't vote because I'm not sure to see much of a difference between 5 and 6 :dunno:,

the voice seems indeed a bit more up front but this is subttle, and for me being none native english, I still can't understand some words (which in my opinion kind of lack some articulation), this is not necessary a problem but I just wanted to let you know that.

More generally speaking, it could be interesting to mix in a DAW once you're done with the recording process with your hardware multitrack.

4. They are both so close with my headphones, perhaps the 2nd a bit more spread out. I am volunteering VonSteyr to mix it for you as I feel you are being waaaay too demure in how you are treating your vocals. Give it away to Herr Steyr. It will be a liberating feeling to give up control and you might be surprised how cool it turns out, bigger and rounder than you imagine.

5. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

The 1st track has a lot of compression. Yeah. Sorry about the articulation. I think I know where you mean, so I may re-record the verse vocals again. As for DAWs, Lets just say me and them don't play well together.

6. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

He already has all the tracks, but I need to learn to do this myself too, and with the hardware I have. So I'll keep bashing away at this till i get it right. I feel the main problem is getting the verse to sit right, so I'm going to re-sing it again, with more compression on it, so I'll Let you know how that goes.