Wavesfactory SK10 v1.0.2 MAC Version

Discussion in 'Software' started by BiG Pluck, May 9, 2022.

1. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

Has anyone else experienced the same problem I'm having with Wavesfactory SK10 v1.0.2?
    I'm using a MacBook Pro Mid 2010 with Big Sur. The problem I'm having is when using the "Transfer Instrument to Rendered Audio" command in Studio One v5.5 the SK10 effect drops out in the rendered audio roughly after the first 8 bars.
    I wish I could get a copy of Thump for Mac. And not the AngelicVibes Thump. The Thump I'm speaking of is a software plugin that synthesizes the signal like the old DBX hardware unit does. it's great on Kick Drums for us Producers of DC GoGo music.
    I have a version of Thump on Winds but I'd like to get it for Mac. I'd use Waves Submarine, however no Waves version will work with my Frankenstein Mid 2010 MacBook Pro with Big Sur on it.
    Big Sur supports newer Macs with Chrome video cards which waves version 12 & 13 support with the Mid 2010 Macs are not chrome compatible. So on my Mac I'm supposed to use aves version 11 which is not compatible with Big Sur.... Hense my Frankenstein MacBook Pro.

-BiG Pluck

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

It does not do this in Logic. I just bounced (offline) a 32 bar 1/4 note kick drum loop through it and it's identical from start to end.

4. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

That's cool. However after doing some research I found the Thump Vst I was looking for still on the site in Mac & Windows and.... It's a free plugin from Metric Halo. So I went there to download the latest version which is v3.2.4 I believe I went to my song and used it on the Kick and it gave me exactly what I wanted. A much fatter sound than SK10.
    So as you can imagine I'm as happy as a punk in boys town!

-BiG Pluck

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'll probably try it out a bit more, at least as a quick lowpass filter in a pinch. it's not bad for a freebie.

Last edited: May 9, 2022