Waves vst not showing after shell2vst .dll extraction (solved)

Discussion in 'PC' started by au38wzh, Aug 11, 2016.

1. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Hi, latest R2R-wave plugins (shell2vst) are not showing up in my DAW (Studio One 2 and Samplitude Pro X2).
    It worked with waveshell. Then I did the shell2vst in a separate folder outside my VST-folder and moved some VST .dll into my VST-folder, but they don't show up. This procedure worked before on Win8.1 - now I'm on Win10 (latest version) both x64 systems.

Any hint? Thanks!

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

I still don't use 'Windows 10' ('Windows 8.1' - 64bit), but maybe the fact that you have done the 'shell2vst' in a separate folder, and above all, outside your 'VST Folder' could be the cause of your trouble, despite you told that : "This procedure worked before on Win8.1 - now I'm on Win10 (latest version)."

Normally, when you use 'shell2vst' to create '.dll' Versions of your Waves Plugins, this procedure creates a specific 'Waves' Folder (including all the 'waveshellized' Plugins), and maybe here's your failure, I mean, to move any of the Waves Plugins included in that specific Folder, thus can't be found when launching 'Waves' within your DAW...

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

What I do is leave the WaveShells where they are within C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Waveshells and then drag and drop the x64.dll's onto the shell2vst app (64 bit onto 64 bit, and shell2vst running as admin to allow it to create a folder within your C:\Program Files folder).

This creates a Waves folder within the Waveshells folder then. I then use that as the source and create a junction in my plugins folder to that, note i said junction, not shortcut. That then works like a dream. I use this app to create junctions easily. You simply right click on the 'Waves' folder created within the C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Waveshells\, select pick link source, then go to your desired location (I use C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\ for my plugins), right click in there and select drop as junction.

It then essentially is as easy as creating a shortcut, but is actually creating a hard link junction automatically for you.

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Run it as an administrator...

6. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Thank you all for taking the time to help! :wink:

I must have done smth wrong.. but now it's working!
    What I did:
    1. I did the 'shell2vst' inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Waveshells
    2. It crerated a new Waves folder with all the .dll Wave-Plugs
    3. Moved this new Waves folder into my VST 64bit folder where I already have a Waves folder with WaveShell VST 9.x_x64.dll
    (The structure has to be like this: 'my vst folder'/Waves/Waves (with the single .dll vst)
    4. Moved the .dll I don't need out of my vst folder to somewhere else. If I need another Waves plugin I can just move it into my vst folder and its showing up in my DAW.

Thanks again and take care! :wink: