Waves V12

Discussion in 'Software' started by ironmother, Jul 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Hey guys,

I tried everything before posting here. Unfortunately the instructions that came with the Waves V12 (by V.R.) were not clear enough.

I am stuck on the step that says browse to where you downloaded the plugins.

I am trying to do the offline installer method. I searched this forum but the only helpful answer was for a Mac user. I am on pc. Is there any kind soul who got this to work from start to finish?

Thanks so much :)

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Best Answer
    As shown in the two pictures, you go to the "Waves" folder!
    When you downloaded and unzipped that - in the same folder, you have to go there!

In other words, everything is in the folder from which you are installing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Thank you so frigging much! It's installing as we speak. That was the more specific detail I needed, as I had a few folders in mind. Wishing you a great day!

5. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Next up, I will need to troubleshoot why Waves is not showing inside of my Cubase Elements :(

6. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

I'm aware that sometimes Cubase can have issues seeing new plug ins. However, after moving the Waves folder into the correct one (the 64 bit location) Cubase still cannot seem to 'see' the Waves plugins. Did anyone else have this issue?

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) How to Find Your Plugins in Cubase
    www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-cubase

2.) Verify plugin software is correctly installed
    First, check whether the relevant plugin files are correctly installed on your computer. Go to:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V12 (or V11/V10/V9, whichever version is installed on your device)

The relevant plugin file/s will be named after the plugin, in this format: [PluginName].bundle.
    For example, the plugin file for Reel ADT will be named Reel ADT.bundle.

3.) Re-setting the Cubase plug-ins cache manually
    https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/...re-setting-the-cubase-plug-ins-cache-manually

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  8. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Thanks for your help, once again! I'm getting a better picture as to how Cubase searches for things.
    I followed these instructions and it re-scanned everything. Unfortunately Cubase is complaining that nearly all the Waves related dlls are not a valid plug in. I've never had this much hassle with Cubase & plugins before.

Thanks for everything

9. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Your problem may be the package you are using. I think that every package after February has problems.
    I noticed that @BEAT16 shows pics of what looks like the March 3 package.
    That was the one that ****ed up many people, yet still remains available to cause trouble.
    I do not know WHY, with all the problems, those troubled packages remain up.
    I suggest you uninstall, clean up folders and install the package from 2021.02.17.
    The other Feb package may be fine too, but i KNOW the one from the 17th works.

10. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Hi there,

Thanks for your input. People are so helpful here. I didn't want to be a PITA with all my questions. But I came back just now to let everyone know that I had issues with the V12.0 of Waves in my Cubase Elements. But I was able to get an older Waves package up and running. For reference version v2019.07.10 by R2R seems to work a charm.

Thanks guys!

11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Glad to hear it.
    Yeah those older releases are great too.
    I do like the vr patch, especially for people who are installing only a few at a time and keep adding more...because the patch is just a .exe, quick and easy.
    The R2R i used to run required copying/ overwriting files. I made a shortcut for ease, but so long as the VR works I am happy.
    Hopefully someone is able to get a good package with Waves newer releases.

I am using the 2021.02.17 with no problems, and the 2021.02.24 comments seem OK.

12. ironmother

ironmother Ultrasonic

Maybe I will upgrade to 2021.02.17 in time if I can get it. I am hoping there isn't too steep of a difference between release. I just needed some plug ins to get some more professional effects on vocals and what not. Tbh I will need to study what they all do, there are so many.