Waves StudioRack Settings Sharing Vault

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by 5teezo, May 15, 2019.

1. 5teezo

5teezo Rock Star

During the last month I became really accustomed to Waves StudioRack. I really like it for creating my own blocks of inserts I use on a regular basis for my Hip-Hop Productions. I'd like to share them with you. Maybe we can turn this into something like a vault where we can share setting.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-15 um 13.31.30.png

Here's a list of plugin chains I created so far:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-15 um 13.31.01.png

You can download the file here:

Option 1. Plain List: https://www.dropbox.com/s/foq7sd8m149h080/Steezos_StudioRack_Settings.zip
    Option 2. Categorized by Instrument/Useage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/etvhjldsjpiu9cf/StudioRack_categorized.zip

Extract the .xps file and open it from within the StudioRack Plugin. You can also place it inside your Waves Plugin Preferences Folder if you want to have the presets right in the Menu, which is located at…

Mac: Users > Shared > Waves > Plug-In Settngs
    Windows: Users > Public > Waves Audio > Plug-In Settings

About the Presets:
    • The prestes are meant to be starting points for mixing certain elements, tracks or busses
    • Most of the 4 macro Knobs are linked to useful parameters in a given situation
    • I tried to preserve the levels when openen a preset inside the StudioRack
    Most of them are for Drums. If you produce Trap you should try the 808 Preset on a clean 808 Kick and play with the knobs. They are connected to the tape inpt, flux and limiter threshold and add tastful to obliterating distorion.

The Mix Buss Start presets contain useful finalizing stage processes.The UTILS Presets contain a bunch of certain analog modeled plugins bundled: EQs, Comps, Reverbs and Delays.

I wish I could edit the .xps file manually to create subfolders or reorder presets but I haven't found a simpler way yet. It doesn't save and organize them alphabetically, but just n the order they were created, so I had to copy and paste presets back and forth between 2 preset files to get them in order which was really sumbersome and boring…

Have Phun(k)

[EDIT]

I managed to edit the .xps File and categorize the presets, which looks like this now:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-16 um 09.48.22.png

In order to do this, I just had to change the file extension to .xml, edit it and add a "Group" Parameter to each Preset, save it and rename it to .xps again:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-16 um 08.30.01.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. DJ ELITE

DJ ELITE Noisemaker

My StudioRack doesn't even show plug-ins. Do you happen to know the fix?

[​IMG]

4. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Kapellmeister

This is a cool gesture, thanks man. Just downloaded it...Would you mind telling me where to place the file so I can just use the preset menu on the plugin?

5. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Kapellmeister

I can't help you with that, though I'm sure some of the people on here can

6. Producer

Producer Producer

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Great man. Really appreciate the effort you put on that (even in the case I may find I don't like any presets).

It depends on the released version. Some of the releases on sister site work, some others don't. The latest ruslan release (on Mac) works flawlessly

7. bridgehatsynth

bridgehatsynth Member

can't unzip this

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Rock Star

Thank you.

Like I said: "You can also place it inside your Waves Plugin Settings Folder if you want to have the presets right in the Menu."

On Mac: Users > Shared > Waves > Plug-In Settngs
    On Windows: Users > Public > Waves Audio > Plug-In Settings

9. 5teezo

5teezo Rock Star

Sorry I tested downloading and unzipping both files before posting and they both worked then and they still do. Maybe a right-click on the links and do a "save as..." will solve the problem.

10. 5teezo

5teezo Rock Star

Did anybody create any nice chains for studio rack he/she would liked to share? I'm curious…

I can incorporate them into the existing preset and update the file until we have a solid database of presets.