Waves StudioRack Settings Sharing Vault (V10/V11/V12)

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by 5teezo, May 15, 2019.

1. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

During the last month I became really accustomed to Waves StudioRack. I really like it for creating my own blocks of inserts I use on a regular basis for my Hip-Hop Productions. I'd like to share them with you. Maybe we can turn this into something like a vault where we can share settings.

This is the updated version which contains both v10 and v11 Presets. The V11 Presets make use of all the great new features like Parallel and Multiband Splits as well as complex Macro Routings which can turn on and off plugins and control various other parameters at once. It's a powerfil tool.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-09 um 16.52.54.png

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz4qcw3h08spdgd/5teezos_StudioRack_Presets.zip

Installation (Mac, PC should be similar):

Unpack and place the preset folders for V10 and V11 in: Application > Waves > Data > Presets > StudioRack > Audiosex (or whaetver).

The next time you insert Waves StudioRack and load a preset it looks something like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-09 um 17.09.02.png

Check out some of the more complex Presets like the Parallel Chain which are really useful.

For sharing your presets, you can upload them to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aIka9SFWg_XUdDlIzH4yI06kMHXn8h4J

Have Fun!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. LuaOle

LuaOle Noisemaker

My StudioRack doesn't even show plug-ins. Do you happen to know the fix?

[​IMG]

4. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

This is a cool gesture, thanks man. Just downloaded it...Would you mind telling me where to place the file so I can just use the preset menu on the plugin?

5. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

I can't help you with that, though I'm sure some of the people on here can

6. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Great man. Really appreciate the effort you put on that (even in the case I may find I don't like any presets).

It depends on the released version. Some of the releases on sister site work, some others don't. The latest ruslan release (on Mac) works flawlessly

7. bridgehatsynth

bridgehatsynth Member

can't unzip this

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Thank you.

Like I said: "You can also place it inside your Waves Plugin Settings Folder if you want to have the presets right in the Menu."

On Mac: Users > Shared > Waves > Plug-In Settings
    On Windows: Users > Public > Waves Audio > Plug-In Settings

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  9. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Sorry I tested downloading and unzipping both files before posting and they both worked then and they still do. Maybe a right-click on the links and do a "save as..." will solve the problem.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Did anybody create any nice chains for studio rack he/she would liked to share? I'm curious…

I can incorporate them into the existing preset and update the file until we have a solid database of presets.

11. Kingsley Walker

Kingsley Walker Newbie

I am new here. let see if i can help you with that. Try to perform the following and see if it helps.

I am assuming that you are using Windows. The first 4 steps are very important. It worked for me, hopefully it does for you.

1. Quit all applications.
    2. Press [Win key] + R, type %appdata% and press Enter.
    3. Go to Waves Audio > Preferences and delete its content.
    4. In the now empty Preferences folder, create a new text document (right-click > New > Text Document) and name it ForceUseGUIScanner. This document must have a [.txt] extension and should remain empty.
    5. Launch your Waves host application.
    6. If prompted to Locate the Modules Folder, direct to:
      • For SoundGrid Studio / StudioRack:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\SoundGrid Studio\Modules
      • For MultiRack (Native / SoundGrid):
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\MultiRack\Modules
      • For eMotion LV1 Live Mixer:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\eMotion LV1\Modules
    7. If prompted to Locate the Waves Public API (WPAPI) Folder, direct to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\WPAPI
    8. If prompted to Locate the Waves Plugins Folder, direct to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10

For MAC USERS, Try this

1. Quit all applications.
    2. In Finder, click on the Go menu while holding down [Alt/Option] and click on Library.
    3. Go to Preferences > Waves Preferences and delete its contents.
    4. Create an empty text document and name the file ForceUseGUIScanner. This file must have a [.txt] extension and should remain empty. Place this file in the Waves Preferences folder above.
    5. Launch your Waves host application.
    6. If prompted to Locate the Modules Folder, direct to:
      • For SoundGrid Studio / StudioRack:
        Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > SoundGrid Studio > Modules
      • For MultiRack (Native / SoundGrid):
        Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > MultiRack > Modules
      • For eMotion LV1 Live Mixer:
        Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > eMotion LV1 > Modules
    7. If prompted to Locate the Waves Public API (WPAPI) Folder, direct to Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > WPAPI
    8. If prompted to Locate the Waves Plugins Folder, direct to Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Plug-Ins V10

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Interesting. I didn't know that fix.

But usually, Pllugins don't show up in Studio Rack if you are using cracked/badly patched Waves Plugins, though. ;)

13. Kingsley Walker

Kingsley Walker Newbie

They will with the method i posted if followed correctly

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Update on Studio Rack:

Studio Rack has been discontinues by waves in version 11... okay, that's old news...

But the good new news is: Waves just announced today that they opened up their new SuperRack plugin which replaces studio rack to native waves plugins. So we can build nice chains again without the need of their LV1Hardware.

EDIT: I installed the latest version SuperRack today and it seems it's just a standalone app and not a insertable plugin. So it's pretty useless…

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  15. secretworld

secretworld Kapellmeister

Studio rack v11 released and working with old presets

16. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

nice. then I will revist my preset and add some parallel processing and clever macro to them.

17. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

Very cool share! Cheers!
    :grooves:

18. stefodis

stefodis Producer

Hi! Thanks for the share 5teezo,it's a great idea and I would like to return the favor by sharing some of my go-to studiorack presets, but I can't find a way to export them as a bank like you did : yours contains multiple presets that are shown in the preset menu of Studiorack, and is not a list of individual presets you have to import each time from on your harddrive...
    I think your "preset bank" is way more convenient for exchanging presets than individual presets files, could you give some instructions on how to do it?
    Cheers!

19. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Yeah no problem. You have to save your presets within an existing container file (.xps) as a preset instead of saving each individual preset as a new .xps file, which is actually an .xml file/container. To do so, do the following:

1. Create a preset like a "Full Reset" and select "Save > Save to new file…"
    2. This creates a new "StudioRacks setups.xps" file which will become your new default bank/container for all your new presets you want to store within it. (You can change the name of course or open an existing xps file of yours).
    3. If you create another preset, don't save to new file but instead, select the Option "Save to StudioRacks setups.xps As…"
    4. Now you can see in the dropdown menu that your XPS file now contains 2 Presets.

Collecting presets from your existing xps files is a bit trickier, because whenever you open a preset file, your actual XPS file that you want to use for building your preset bank is not available for saving. You either have to do some copy paste work using an xml editor, or you have to use two instances of StudioRack to make it work:

1. Load two instances of StudioRack on 2 inserts
    2. On StudioRack 1, load the XPS File you want to use for building your preset bank
    3. On Studio Rack 2, Load the XPS Files you want to copy presets from and then click on "Save > Copy Preset"
    4. Open StudioRack on Insert 1, click Load "Paste Preset", hit "Save > Save to yourpresetbanksname.xps As…"
    5. Done. Repeat from step 2 for your other presets. And then you have a neant preset bank of your own.

Looking forward to checking out your presets. I will post some updated version on the upcoming weekend. StudioRack V11 crashes a lot on me in Maschine 2.10.1 so I have to switch to logic to make it work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. stefodis

stefodis Producer

Thanks a lot 5teezo! Will try this as soon as I have the time, and come back to share the result!

21. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Hi 5teezo,

Thanks for this amazing share. I played around with studio racks 11. Now we are able to add presets folder and not have to just use an xml script for settings. I know this maybe a bit of trouble however need to ask. Would you be able to put these individual presets in a folder some we can out them in the new presets location?