Waves StudioRack Settings Sharing Vault (V10/V11/V12)

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by 5teezo, May 15, 2019.

1. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand your request.

2. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Sorry if I didnt make it clear. So now with v.11 of studio racks, you can place individual presets in a specific destination folder as opposed to adding a .xlm script which include all the presets on 1 .xlm file. This being said, you can save a single preset, and place them in the new preset location.

Basically what the request is if you had each preset as an individual files as opposed to 1 xml script.

Hopefully this makes sense but if not I can take a screenshot of what I'm taking about later today.

3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Okay. Please post a screenshot, because I don't know another way for saving presets that are not xps files. The manual has no info about it and I can't see a specific option for it in the Plugin menu.

4. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

When you save presets on studioracks, you can save individual xml files for each preset. I'll share a screenshot when I can. If you have v.10 you can't save individual presets besides a the whole pack as 1 single xml however on v.11 you can save and place individual presets

5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

In my StudioRack v11 plugin on macOS I can only save as .xps still. And if I open that, it changes my user library to that .xps containing only one entry.

This is how my user library look when opnening my v10 Preset file:

V10 Presets xps.png

The difference is, that for the "Artist" and "Factory" Section, StudioRack checks and organized presets based on the folder structure. If you place the same xps file in the Applications > Waves > Data > StudioRack > My Presets, you get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 07.45.18.png

As you can see, presets of an xps that have been structured by a category hierarchy before are now displayed as a plain list.I guess that's because SR can't use the "Group" parameter if you put presets in the installtion path. But if you create more subfolders along the way in Finder/Explorer, you can have this, for example:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 07.58.15.png

So I guess the easiest way to have all your single presets .xps files istesd and categorized is to put them in a Folder in the installation Path of the Waves Plugins. To categoruize them, create subfolders. This is how the "My Presets" menu looks in the file structure:

Finder.png

6. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

I was able to save all of your presets as an individual files per preset.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I categorized it like you did your groups. Let me know if you want it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Cool, thanks for the work. Send me a link or the file and I add it to the OP (with credits of course)

8. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

You got it man. I'll send it to you when I'm home. No credit needed for me. You did all the work lol:wink:

9. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I've spend about 2 hours on these 2 chains for StudioRack V11. These are basically Toolboxes for Hip-Hop Drums (Kicks and Snares). Seting up the macros takes a really long time to get the parameters right (link in OP).

Snare chain: basically a 1073 with macro controlles for LowCut, adding Body amd presence, followed by a parallal chain for compression and a reverb.

Kick Chain: this is working really well. Low Cut and High Cut, Saturation, and the de-esser from omni channel for controlling low frequency boominess, followed by an SSL G-EQ for the low and high Midrange going into a parallel chain with an API2500 and a Pultec for tucking that sub underneath it. This then returns back and is followed by the early reflection of true verb which add some suble ambience if necessary. Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 19.31.36.png
    Enjoy

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. vstdeep

vstdeep Kapellmeister

Great idea. Thanks for the share. Would love to see preset chains for Rock, PoP and Country genres as well.

11. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Untitled2.gif

I've created an SSL Channel Picker to switch back and forth between the E and G Channels to pick the right one for the task/flavor. Since StudioRack is limited to 8 Macro knobs not all parameter are assigned, so no Filters and Dynamics section. But since the EQ is the most important thing on it, I'ves assigned the 4 bands in default bandwidth.

There are 2 Versions available. Version 1 let's the gain on the G channel to its max value for each band which go up higher than the the E channel (between +/- 2 db and +/- 5 dB ), while the 2nd version has a limited maximum gain on the G channel's bands to match that of the E channel which makes comparison a bit fairer. I will release it with some other presets I have in my head.

PS: I wanted to include mixhub in the comaprison as well but I couldn't get the On/Off Automation via Macro Knob working. In the end the 2nd insert always stayed on when switching to the 3rd. Couldn't wrap my mind around how to get the assignment working.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  12. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I've updated the original post and updated the download link.

Check out the new v11 Prests. some good ones in there!

13. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Thanks for the share @5teezo. For me atleast these are gold mines. Nothing like streamlining processing :wink:

14. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Thanks. There are some gems in there like the 808 Toolbox and the Multiband split thing is ill. Heard your last track. Nice production!

15. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

File Not Found ....
    :grooves:

16. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

17. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Use the link in the Original Post which contains all presets

18. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

I saw that - thank you very much for the efforts here!!
    :grooves:

19. Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel Platinum Record

You guys should summon fellow member @lyric8 . I hear he is THE Studio Rack Maestro. By now he must have a stellar set of presets built!

P.S Thanks @5teezo for sharing.