Waves Shell2VST Never Works

Discussion in 'PC' started by McAwsome, Jan 8, 2013.

1. McAwsome

McAwsome Newbie

can someone explain how to get the shell2vst application to work? I've never gotten it to work but it would help out a lot. do i make a command prompt? whenever i try to just drag and drop it goes through the process but says failed for each one and says 0 vsts made.

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Use VstWrapperBuilder its windowsbased and much more clever than that DOSW based shit and it never failes
    http://hypercube-softwares.dyndns.org/softwares/vstwrapper/
    He also make a nice Kontakt Library Patchfinder and GUI maker if you interresed nice guy and very helpful

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ McAwsome,

The only suggestion that I can give you right now is to take a look at a previous article posted within this Forum a few ago, and that you can find here :

'Problem installing Waves v9r5'

If you navigate through the various users comments and pay some attention at some of them, particularly those of 'bluejayway', 'Studio 555', but also others users, you'll certainly find the right procedure to get 'Waves Shell2VST' working perfectly. You'll not only find explanations, but also some images that I hope will serve you as examples for this purpose...

Good Luck ! :wink:

5. Guitarmaniac64

And with VstWrapperbuilder no READING needed beacuse it WORKS and way better than that DOS based shit say no more

6. ittam

ittam Noisemaker

VstWrapperbuilder saved my nerves as shell2vst made dll´s not working, have had better success before...
    Thank You very much for the link!

Me

7. McAwsome

McAwsome Newbie

i still can't even get that to work, when i go to relocate the plug ins, it doesn't do anything. and then i tried to build and it froze...

8. ittam

ittam Noisemaker

With VstWrapperbuilder you don´t move the dll´s or the original.

Quote: you cannot let the original plugin in your VST directory. Only the wrapper must be used by the host. This is a requirement because the original plugin and the wrapper use the same identifier. Move the original plugin BEFORE generating the wrapper. The original plugin location is hard coded inside the wrapper. If you move the original plugin, the wrapper won’t be able to found it.

I did a new folder for my wrapped ones and used the original from the Program Files\Waves -in this case- and don't move either.
    Your DAW usually can use multiple folders for plugins

Me

9. Guitarmaniac64

Wrong you dont move the original the shell dll:s
    BUT you can move the wrap dll to whichever folder you like but of course it must be in the vst folder i but not necessary i use to wrap them in the same folder as the shell and test them if it works with minihost instead of the DAW

And importent you must run the R2R "crack" before it works.

After i have installed Waves i move the original waveshell dll to a folder on a drive where i keep documents and stuff (you canb of course have it in the install dir or use the ones that is created in that dir or put wherever you like except for the vst folder)

So i just wrap the dll:s from the shell and point it to my vst folder where i have aa temp folder for bundle plugins and orginize them in specified folders

I have my vst folder with subfolder organized for effect like dynamics delay modulation eq etc etc

Earlier i had it organized by developer bbut when i had my first waves platinium bundle installed many years ago and saw that it had over 200+ plugin in one folder so i switched to effects type

10. ittam

ittam Noisemaker

Not wrong as it works but I agree, you can move the wrapped ones

Me

11. Ghirahim

Ghirahim Newbie

Don't mean to revive an older thread, but I think it's warranted, apologies if anyone disagrees.
    Accidentally made some changes to my VST plugins folder recently, must have somehow replaced some existing files in there. Regardless of the cause, I'm unable to load any of the Waves plugins I've been using for a few years. Completely forgotten how I got the whole waveshell.dll thing to work. I vaguely remember having installation problems with the shell2vst program when following its most often cited installation procedure back then, but I somehow got it to work by messing around with it in some way.

Won't be able to continue to use of any of my DAWs without having access to my Waves collection, they're essential. Would appreciate some help if anyone knows what they're doing with this awful waveshell business, never seen an installation process this over-the-top before.