Waves released Playlist Rider

Discussion in 'Software News' started by devilorcracker, Apr 22, 2020.

1. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

A set-and-forget volume management plugin that helps content creators and live sound engineers balance the volume of multiple sources (host, guest, music playlist, audio clips), automatically, non-destructively, and in real time, to achieve natural, consistent levels throughout a show.

As a podcaster, live streamer, video creator or live sound engineer, you often feature multiple audio sources in your content. Oftentimes, you can’t predict the levels of these sources, so you either need to ride the channel faders manually, or write tedious volume automation slopes in post-production to ensure levels stay consistent throughout.

Playlist Rider does all this work for you. The plugin automatically adjusts the volume of multiple sources to a selected volume target – as if a mixing engineer was riding the faders for you.

Unlike limiters which crush your audio’s dynamic range, Playlist Rider preserves the natural dynamics of your sources by simply adjusting their volume in real time.

To achieve super-smooth results, Playlist rider can ignore low-volume parts, like background noise or music fade-ins and fade-outs, using a dedicated input detector threshold. The plugin can also normalize your audio sources to pink tonal curves, to smooth out tonal differences between sources and further improve your program’s consistency.

Playlist Rider is also ideal for live sound engineers and pro audio tech personnel who want to automatically balance program sources (DJ background music, YouTube, Smarphone, VTR, etc.) before or after live shows and during corporate events.

The Playlist Rider plugin runs in most major audio and video editing software, as well as in Waves’ eMotion LV1 live mixer and SuperRack plugin host – making it a must-have tool for podcasters, live streamers, video creators and live engineers who are not willing to accept less than perfectly smooth audio quality.

Price: $130

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Moms_little_pirate

Moms_little_pirate Kapellmeister

That will be $29 in about a week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. sinematrix

sinematrix Member

Interesting! I just saw this video from youtube too, and the volume of it shocked me off the chair. Most of time I use sidechain to control background music, this playlist rider will be handy.

5. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

First, I like the idea. Personally no need for it but multisource volume matching just sounds handy.

Second, hopefully something like this catches on, it would improve watching youtube tenfold. To most channels any semblance of audio quality comes as an afterthought.

6. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

Seems pretty cool until you get sticker shock on that price. wtf waves.

7. lancexx

lancexx Producer

I want to give waves stuff a fair unbiased chance but even installing their demos is such a chore.

8. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    How long do you think till is is posted on the other side?

9. tun

tun Rock Star

in a way i hate this stuff because it frustrates me that good audio guys are out of work these days because people are happy listening to the crap that youtubers put out, but at the same time i am SO SICK of hearing the audio in youtube type videos.
    if you are going to cut out the people who make your product great you should at least get yourself a small understanding of how their job worked.

i cant imagine anybody here needing something like that. i would assume most people here have basic mixing skills enough to balance tracks roughly

10. tun

tun Rock Star

i hate waves. they have made a few great products for sure, but they are similar to apple in the way they consume their customers.
    and their great product list is very easily drowned out by their bog standard and overpriced product list.

so yea, i have the opposite opinion, i am more likely to not even try one of their products. i dont even use their cracked stuff because its not worth the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Moms_little_pirate

Moms_little_pirate Kapellmeister

If only there was a way to demo plugins without having to jump through all the hoops.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Looks like about 10 minutes after you posted that...

13. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Holy cow! I did expect it but not that fast. Impressed.

14. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Finally they tap into the market they belong in: casual and semi-pro content creator bullshit. :rofl:

15. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Surely it's just the same as their oldies VocalRider & BassRider anyway?