Waves plugins Waveshell issue in Studio One 3.3.1

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by notremid, Oct 19, 2016.

1. notremid

notremid Producer

So I am facing this issue when trying to use the Waves plugins in S1 ver.3 (all Waves plugins working flawlessly in Ableton Live 9.7 and Cockos REAPER 5.26, so no issues relating to install and licensing I believe). Its a bit confusing so please bear with me-

Issue : All the Waves plugins are displayed in the browser but I cannot add them to my tracks (drag-n-drop or through menu). Nothing happens when I try to add them actually.

Now if I use the "Update Plugins" option I get the Waves logo thing while the plugins are scanning and magically I get two new Waveshell plugin folders which were not shown initiallly in the browser prior to the scan.

When I use the plugins from these new Waveshell folders they work perfectly!

So what am I doing wrong here. Its really a pain the ass to manually "Update Plugins" every time I start S1 for the Waves plugins to work correctly. I mean this is not happening in REAPER or Live 9 only S1.

I have the Waveshell.dll files in my S1 vst plugin location and also tried renaming them as suggested in some forums to no avail.

I am running Studio One version 3.3.1 (39379) and Windows 10 Enterprise (both 64-bit).

Please kindly advise. Thanks

3. notremid

notremid Producer

More than a week with 100+ views. Sadly no solution :dunno:

4. lemjello

lemjello Ultrasonic

I'm on Mac but have done installs for many people on PC as well. This is a very weird one. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is, did you remember to copy the waveshells to your VST folder after you run the patch? The VST one, but, especially the VST3 one, cause as a S1 user, I know it favors the VST3 plug-ins. The location of VST3 is Program Files/Common Files/VST3.
    Now that I think about it, I guess it would also depend on the patch being used (waves). There are a few more hoops to jump through on PC. I do have a test system available using Win 10 64bit, so, if you provide a little more info, such as which release of both S1 and Waves you are using, I'll try it on my machine and be able to better answer your question if you've already tried the above.

5. line.input

line.input Ultrasonic

In S1, you probably have to enable Options -> Locations -> VST Plug-ins -> Scan at startup.

6. notremid

notremid Producer

I have that option Enabled. No use though :(

I am using this version of Waves plugin- http://peeplink.in/25c2178a5f35

I am running Studio One version 3.3.1 (39379) and Windows 10 Enterprise (both 64-bit)

Yes, S1 actually prefers the VST3 plugins and they work fine but not the VST2 versions. This is a very unique problem and I have not read about this issue in any forum or message board either.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Reset Blacklist?

1. Open Studio One Preferences and click the Locations icon.

2. Select the VST Plug-ins tab.

3. At the middle-left side of the window, you’ll see a check box labeled “Scan at Startup.” Make sure this box is checked.

4. Now click the button labeled “Reset Blacklist".

5. Once you’ve done this, you should restart Studio One.

8. notremid

notremid Producer

Did that already. The issue persists :(

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Tried running Studio One as Admin and in Windows 8 compatibility mode?

10. Krypton85

Krypton85 Ultrasonic

11. notremid

notremid Producer

Yes its always on Administrator mode and I tried running it in every Compatibility Mode from Windows 8 to XP. Still not working :(

Yes did that already. No use :(

12. F3r

F3r Producer

hi. notremid .
    you try to movethe WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64 . (inside of your folder os vst) to and a sub-folder. or from a sub-folder to sinple?
    i have this problem on studio one 3.2 only one time, i dont know why, them i move de waveshell from a de SUB-folder that i have made inside de vstplugins folder to simple.
    ex:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\waves\WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64
    to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugIns\WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64

scan the plugin on studio one.
    maybe, this work for me.

13. kociol21

kociol21 Newbie

I have similar issue. I have to have scan at startup enabled because if it's disabled, waves plugins don't show up at all . If I scan plugins , they appear. It's not really game breaker but annoying because S1 starts in 5 seconds without scan and with scanning enabled it's like 1.5 minute .

14. line.input

line.input Ultrasonic

How about this: rename your AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 3 to Studio One 3.bkp, create a fresh Studio One 3 folder with License Store only and run S1. Let it index all the plugins, see if everything is working as expected, and then quit & relaunch S1. I'm just guessing, but that's how I start troubleshooting. Sometimes resetting preferences may do the trick. (You can also rename Documents\Studio One just in case...)