Waves - Perpetual Licenses and Updates Will Be Back Alongside Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thotu, Mar 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

people are too much involved and cant see

Waves was going to make an EPIC CHANGE in their system after 30 years, probably prepared and studied for months or more, they end up dropping it with all marketing ready and then...???...what? They change idea in less than 24 hours because "power to the people"?

That's scientifically impossible for a giant like Waves. They have hands down the best marketing strategy in audio industry, best experience and knowledge. There is something we can't see yet in this whole story.

2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

... and lets face it: lazy, stupid and inconsistent :rofl:

And yes, one should have at least a little respect for the Waves people. In times when no one admits a management mistake, let alone corrects it. bc it needs balls to do so.

P.S.: This will - unfortunately - be one of the very few exceptions where a company is forced to correct its mistakes.
    in all other instances, the managers would rather let the company go bankrupt and move on to the next company to ruin it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Waves done fucked up. Let's wait and see how they trying to fix it.

What pisses me off the most about Waves is that they screw over macOS users the hardest. On Windows 10 you can install and run v14 down all the way to v9 plugins. That's impossible on macOS. They literally force you to upgrade your license almost every time a new version of macOS released, which is every year basically.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

positive PR for Waves, nothing went wrong. Everybody spoke about WAVES again.

5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Im not so sure ArticStorm, these days are not for pulling jokes of that magnitude with your customer base.
    Waves is not in need of brand recognition, im sure no one found that to be a funny move.

I would even say we will hear more about this in one way or the other..

6. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

wish this happened to adobe, the cunts. but alas the image sector doesnt have the same style of competition the audio plugin market has. anyway, for old times sake... fuck you adobe

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It's not the first time big companies try to pitchbend their users over the car truck and fuck the shit out of their asses. But they go too far and the backslash make them reconsider.
    Windows 8 GUI like a smartphone one but without touch screen? So different yet quite similar.
    I agree, but Adobe would be more like a DAW company. Like, say randomly, the marvelous people at AVID PT

8. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

right. and waves would be comparable with the PS plugin maker category. unfortunately there aren't as many PS competitors, or daw brands for that matter, as there are for plugins i would think. PS and PT compare as both being the firsts to come along to become the defacto standards in their respective industries. but that is being chipped away bit by bit.

so to reinterate... fuck adobe, fuck waves, and fuck all subsciptions! :wink::like:

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

new 3 FREE plugins! by Waves to calm down the community.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Thotu

Thotu Ultrasonic

Ha! Ha! I thought it was April Fool...:rofl:Well, it was...:snuffy:

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Great bottom line. And fuck Slate while we are at it!
    A bit OT but it just felt right... :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Finally some reaction and thought process and wit, thank god

Im fed up with presstitute media reciting inbox marketing e-mails...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

It's not about how long you talk, brother it's about what you put in it. And the "in it" part looked pretty bad for Waves

14. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

I'd understand the "All Publicity is Good Publicity" formula in a different context. But I don't believe it applies here..

Incidentally I saw the whole video that guy Ave Mcree put on YT ..and removed in a matter of hours or less. At that time Waves already pulled back, but he was still furious, showing the "personal" letter from D.A. and then there was the "twin" letter, this time signed by TCO, that was sent to the masses. I can confirm, it was like shown in this (quite annoying but true) video:

Obviously, what Ave said in this video must have been too much, and if "there is no such thing as bad publicity" was true in this case, the video would still be on. There is a slight possibility Ave Mcree calmed down and removed it by himself..

Who knows, but to me it seems like a mess. Sort of like "saving" Credit Suisse on Sunday before Tokyo Stock Exchange opens ..;)

15. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Could anyone here have called this before hand? :rofl:
    I was totally expecting them to do something like this... Like it would have made much difference. The subscription versions would have been warez'ed out in no time and we're all back in biz... I'm just waiting around with baited breath for the native uaudio bundle release. Then it's buh bye to waves forever...

16. JEPasCP1

JEPasCP1 Member

upload_2023-4-6_11-41-48.png

yeah probably waves plugins needs to reconsider all of it, "game changer" is just their msg of marketing lol.