Waves only showing up inside studio rack?

Discussion in 'Software' started by webshark, May 5, 2017.

1. webshark

webshark Member

So i just got done installing and updating the latest waves from r2r .. it works as normal in cubase but in pro tools i can only open the plugins via the studio rack? I dont see them as invidual plugins outside of studio rack, any idea?

3. webshark

webshark Member

above is regarding Pro tools 10 - they seem to work as normal in pro tools 11 but very slow loading each plugin...

4. webshark

webshark Member

Is it possibly connect to the waves 9.6 waveshell i had moved this out of the folder as it was causing pt10 not to open after i installed the version before this by the other group.. i moved it back in and its asking for waves 9.6 plugin folder but anywhere i direct it is not being accepted.. so strange i only have waves > waves studio rack and everything in there??

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Have you got the waves sound grid plugins to work through the studio Rack in Cubase for me they will not show through Studio Rack in Cubase

6. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

After you install waves, locate and delete WaveShell-VST 9.7 in you VST folder, that's responsible for the Studio Rack only popping up. This is in 2018 VR version.

For r2r older release, do the same thing, forget exactly what named waveshel-vst it is, so drag each out of your folder and experiment until it works.

You welcome!

7. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Hay Thanks For The Reply But i Still Cant Get the Waves Plugins To Show up in The Studio Rack i removed the( WaveShell-VST 9.7.vst ) When i Put The Studio Rack in a Insert of Cubase 9.5 and go to Add Plugin / Plug-in List There are No Plugin it Says No plugins Available is there any thing else i Can Try Thanks For any Help lyric8 :wink:

8. nsalzman

nsalzman Newbie

Hi Valorouswon,

I recently ran into the 'reducing number of waves plugins' visible from different DAWs and racks. I fixed it by running Waves Central, updating all plugins.. and then from within Waves Central, moving all licenses back to the cloud, and then back to my local device. After that - the waves plugins all appeared.

One clue it was a licensing issue is that Waves StudioRack, and a few third party WavesGrid compatible plugins were showing up before the 'fix', as I'd recently reinstalled them... which likely did the same poke at the licenses as my moving them to the cloud and back.

Note - this is in ProTools, Cubase 9.5 on High Sierra.

9. Blutooth

Blutooth Newbie

Hey Thanks for this post it helped me with the same exact problem! Question: is there a way to have the studiorack plugin shown with the other plugins, or there is no way around it?