Waves is crashing Live 10.1.13. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'PC' started by Websitey, May 10, 2020.

1. Area51

Area51 Kapellmeister

do you have Mac or Windows?
    if u have mac = more problems with waves, ableton, plugins etc

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Yes, I was offline all the time. Windows' anti-virus was disabled. ‍

3. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Windows 10

4. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Looks like several people are reporting on Ableton forum and reddit that Live 10.1.13 is crashing to them as well.
    Anyone knows how do I get 10.1.9, original iso?

5. nyaa13

nyaa13 Producer

I have both good and bad news. The problem is 100% on your side. That means you can fix it. Try to uninstall the Wave plugins again and Ableton with Iobit Uninstaller. Remove every single Ableton and Waves file related at Program Files, Program Data, from the Documents folder of your username also from Appdata Local keep only your vsts folder and your user settings. Delete all symlinks or junctions from Program Files (very important) etc. Then reinstall the latest wave plugins and Ableton again from scratch and the problem will be solved. Pretty sure you missed a step cause it is working perfectly for me latest Ableton and Waves.

Attached Files:

6. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

He could also have a tricky hardware problem. Do a ramtest. I am on AL 10.1.6 and Waves 11.0. All working. ı am on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Websitey Did you fix it? if you did not, check your inbox for my PM.

8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

With all the work trying to get a dead horse kicking...I would advise you to move on from Waves plugins.
    Even the legit versions do not play nice with DAWs. Then there is the issue of Ableton Live not being completely compatible
    with various plugins from intall-to-install (even on the same system).

I have totally ditched Waves & found other plugins that play nice with Samplitude, Pro Tools & Reaper.

Some examples are Sonimus, Eventide, FabFilter, ToneBoosters, Black Rooster, Plugin Alliance, Fuse Audio Labs, TDR,
    PSPAudioware, Empirical Labs, United Plugins, Exponential Audio, Audio Ease, Flux, Acon Digital, DDMF, MAAT, Magix,
    IK Multimedia, Klanghelm, McDSP, A.O.M, & yes, Analog Obsession.

Happy tracking!

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  9. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Hey Pirate,

Thanks for offing your help! Yeah, I (kinda) fixed it. I reinstalled Windows, installed everything from scratch with no problems.

The issue I'm having now is (I think) GPU related. Some plugins are randomly crashing Live and Studio One, when I open up their GUI.
    I noticed a huge GPU spikes in Graphic Card's software manager.

I'm running i9 9900k with Sapphire Radeon 570 8Gb and 32Gb of ram. Who would've thought that setting up a new computer would give me so much trouble. And I spent months in researching which parts work together. :P

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and trying to help the brother out. Cheers!

10. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

First:
    Update your bios and run bios in default mode. To be absolutely sure it runs in default after bios update use the CMOS button on motherboard.

Then:
    download Latencymon let it run for 10 min without anything else running and take a screenshot of this:
    [​IMG]

11. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Websitey I remember one ocasion which made my ableton live crash when I opened FabFilter plugins. What I have found was that I was also using MSI Afterburner with RivaTunerStatisticsServer which overlayed their own fps and other OSD infos onto the gui of the Fab filter Plugins. Check out if u have such other plugins who are tweaking the Graphicscard and deaktivate them.

12. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Yes, Fabfilter's Pro-L2 was in that project as well. I'm suspecting that one could've caused the crash. I'm gonna run more testing tomorrow.

One thing I have to mention (and investigate some more) is that I have two monitors. Both older (VGA) generation. Since Radeon definitely couldn't run both of those monitors at the same time (via HDMI to VGA adapters), one of them is now plugged into Radeon (via adapter) and the other one is plugged into motherboard's HDMI/VGA (through Intel's graphic card). Not sure if that has any relations to my crashes. I ordered a new monitor which I will be connecting directly to radeon via HDMI. We'll see if that helps.

13. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Thanks Daskeladden! Will ask my friend to help me with this. Not sure I could do it myself. ;P

14. Websitey

Websitey Noisemaker

Hey guys,
    So after further testing, here are the results I got when running Ableton Live project that crashed once on me when I opened Fabfilter's Pro_L2 GUI.

1. https://imgur.com/0vJrsmP

These are the results after the crash.

2. https://imgur.com/rUPYACO

Project was running for 1 hour. I didn't open L2's gui and Ableton worked with no issues.

3. https://imgur.com/bZ6YZ0D

25 minutes into the project.

Hope someone can read these results for me.

Thanks!!

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  15. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

16. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Websitey I dont know if it has to do with ur graphics card combination though. But as I said, it has nothing to do with FabFilter plugins. The crashes made from additional grahic tools like MSI Afterburner. If u have them or other similiar tools running in background then close them.