Waves IR1 - How To Load Other Libraries Beside "The Basic IR Set"?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dim_triad, Oct 15, 2014.

1. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

Alright... my wait is over... I must get to the bottom of this...

So, I have installed the latest Waves v9r21, and I am trying to figure out how to load all the OTHER IR's that are supposed to be included with the IR1 Conv. verb device.

Every time I click on "Load," within the IR1 GUI, the only IR library that is available is the "Basic IR" set... the other 3 IR libraries (Sampled Acoustics V2, Virtual Acoustics - Devices, and Virtual Acoustics - Synthetic) are never part of the menu...

According to the IR1 .pdf, 4 Libraries should be visible when the "Load Menu" is displayed:

"IR Library

The library that is included with the purchased IR-series covers all of the reverberation
    needs of the most demanding studio professionals. It consists of 4 main parts:

• The Basic IR set is installed with the IR-series. It is available in the downloadable demo as well as in the full product.

Sampled Acoustics V2 contains a set of world-class Concert Halls, Opera Houses, Cathedrals, Studios and more. These are natural spaces captured in the USA, Italy, Japan, the UK, Israel, Australia, and more. Our original Sampled Acoustics library has been reprocessed with enhanced quality, and new micing techniques were added. In accordance with our vision of continuously expanding the IR library, new venues have also been added to the library.

Virtual Acoustics - Devices contains Sampled IR’s from classic reference reverb hardware.

Virtual Acoustics – Synthetic contains synthetically generated or pre- processed IR’s.
    "

Somewhere, the manual talks about getting the other libraries from the DVD.. but, I would have expected that the "All Plugins Bundle" that we've all grown to love constantly updating, would have those libraries included somehow.

As i said, the only library visible is the Basic IR set; does anyone know how to get the other 3 to be visible, and therefore usable?

When I try to load these other menus, they are greyed-out when I search for them on the Mac HD... I cannot figure this out.

thanks to all!! :mates:

EDIT: actually... I remember someone on "VideoX" :bleh: posting the IR Library ISO... so, I bet I should dl and load that

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Dim_triad,

*yes* You won your bet !!! :wink: :rofl:

__________________________________________________________________​

ADDED AFTERWARDS :

In case that you're not able to find that 'IR Library' ISO via 'VideoX', or via the usual way... you can still find a valid and almost fast 'Torrent' (several 'Seeders') available at this moment... *yes*
    I just checked this a few minutes ago ! :wink:

4. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

yes... I used the torrent...

however, these things don't load correctly I think... they never end up always being displayed under the "Load" menu... you have to basically navigate to the ImpulseIR folder everytime you want to use that stuff...

I wonder if anyone has been able to correctly load those other IR's/Presets so that they always display under the "Load" menu... that is... with the Waves 9r21 patched version.

I mean... the nfo clearly tells you what Waves folder to put them in but still... I wonder if the legit version is a pita like that as well... the IR1 is totally worth buying, I think I'm goin to just buy it... you cant beat a conv. verb that can adjust Early Reflections against Late Reflections... plus, a GUI that doesn't need to be loaded on a fuckin' movie-theatre screen (hofa).... :facepalm:

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Dim_triad,

After getting that 'Library' (thanks to the 'Torrent' as you said it), if you follow the provided Instructions, you should be able to get all that stuff working properly and available via the 'Load' Menu... *yes*

Here you have the Instructions (in case you need these) :

Dear Waves IR-1 User,

The IR library is provided to you on 2 CDs :

* CD1 - Sampled Acoustics.
    * CD2 - Virtual Acoustics.

To use the IR-1 Presets under CD1 - Sampled Acoustics,
    please follow these installation instructions:

Install Waves IR-1 Parametric Convolution Reverb.

Copy the contents of this CD into the IR1Impulses folder
    which is located in the Waves plug-ins folder.

The default path of the Waves Plug-Ins folder is :

MAC : Applications\waves 4.0\waves plug-ins 4.0\IR1impulses

PC : Program Files\waves\plug-ins\IR1Impulses

P.S: These Instructions are these that you can find inside the CD 1, but the same applies for the CD 2... *yes*
    And for the MAC OSX Version, don't be confused with 'waves 4.0' !!! I can only suppose that this 'Library' was available/released at the time of the 'Waves' v4.0 for MAC... In fact, longtime ago !!! *yes* :rofl:

6. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

thanks for the continued support of my issue Studio 555...

I did mention in my last post that I did have access to proper directions regarding where to place the IRs/etc.

But just as you found, there were instructions that referred to a "Waves 4.0" folder... :rofl:

I also decided that those directions are obviously outdated, and perhaps the IR Library freely available at the Waves.com website might be more up-to-date.

(just finished downloading as we speak) :wink:

Edit: so the new instructions are definitely updated, and actually refers to an "IRImpulses V2" folder, as opposed to a "V1", no to mention "Waves 9"... so "we're" in good shape I think.

Edit:
    Totally works perfect now!!!.. The "Load" menu has everything in it now :wink: