Waves instruments

Discussion in 'Software' started by DJ PUKKA, Sep 10, 2024.

1. DJ PUKKA

DJ PUKKA Ultrasonic

Haven't used waves vsts for a while so need a refresher? The instruments are coming up as effects do i rout them to midi out? because when i try to open as instrument it says its an effect only. Elements/flow motion/ bass slapper etc... please refresh my mind?

3. DJ PUKKA

DJ PUKKA Ultrasonic

Anybody?

4. stefanonimo

stefanonimo Noisemaker

I've occasionally used them in Pro Tools and they do come up as Instruments in the plug-in dropdown. Tried to use them in other DAWs, for instance in Acoustica Mixcraft you can set an FX plugin to receive midi data from another track, so I would put them on audio tracks, use a separate Instrument track to record MIDI and then bounce. Pretty uncomfortable.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Usually you can load an instrument only in an instrument slot, and if you see it being available to you in an effects insert slot; it's because that instrument can accept audio into it as it's sound source; but it also offers direct Midi control of it being used as a "midi controlled effect".

Someone just posted today about this as an issue with BlueCat's Patchwork vs Patchwork Synth. Almost like a Vocoder setup. It's easy to get it confused. I do not use Waves at all anymore, but the easy to solution to their Instrument plugins was always to never use them at all. Then you can skip giving Waves all the extra storage space they want to consume with sample content too. People actually use them?