Waves H-reverb bug!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Producer, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    OK so the last couple of weeks i've been using the H-reverb on a few projects.(fairly good plugin)
    But when i try to bounce the project (using LPX 10.2.4 OS X 10.11.6 Waves 2016.09.08) i see the playhead running to catch Bolt and by one point and on, it goes slow as snail.At first i thought it was Logic's glitch but then i realized that the moment H-reverb was receiving a signal (it was always on as an insert in a separate aux channel) then the playhead was crawling.This was not my actual problem as i understand that convolutions etc need much cpu power.The problem is that even after a few moments when there was no input signal on it, the playhead continued crawling.I tried checking it with the cpu meters during playback.As long as there was no signal, the cpu was low.When signal was sent in the plugin then the cpu was high, but watch this, when i hit the stop, cpu was still way too high.Even if i left it for half an hour.The problem was immediately solving after moving my playhead on an area where i wasn't sending signal to the reverb and just hitting play again.I don't know if this bug is in the latest release (haven't seen anything in their update log) but it's way too annoying, considering that my projects are 40 minutes long.This uses almost 20 minutes to bounce a track and if i try to export 3-4 stems then i need hours.So my solution was to use Altiverb replacing the H-reverb but i thought i had to share this bug with you.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

from what i know, it's very ram consuming

4. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

It looks like a bug, but I'm not sure if is H-reverb. I'm using it occasionally and the bounce nowhere near to "crawling". i7 quad core macbook pro.

5. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    I'll try to use it as an insert in the actual channel to see if there is difference but i doubt it.