Waves Complete: R2R or V.R?

Discussion in 'Software' started by vuuru_keg, Jan 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. playtime

playtime Rock Star

I ended up being tired of waiting for R2R's new release and installed latest V.R's Waves. All good, everything working fine & older projects loading ok - although the installation is a bit trickier with this one.

Yeah, but I kinda like new Renaissance look. They sound the same, and you can switch to classic skin anytime :wink:

2. zaer

zaer Member

what i like in VR it's i install what i want no more all the "signature preset" you don't know what it do just pray for it sound good, the 1 knob,..... and don't use most of all emultation so get a lighter install on my computer.
    But R2R no wave installer so will work everytime even if wave change the system

3. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I liked the stripped down version of the newest Waves V.R release, so I use that at the moment. My experience with both teams is that sometimes R2R has the best release, and sometimes V.R has the best release. Healthy market competition is good for us "customers".
    That being said I usually prefer R2R because they have more experience and have an excellent reputation. Let's take one example like the Ozone 9 release where both teams have struggled with slow loading of plugins. This was fixed on R2R latest release which I consider excellent dedication and work. One other example of excellent work was when V.R cracked Autotune Pro. There was some problems with savings of setting and this was fixed very fast with: Antares.Auto-Tune.Pro.v9.1.0.rev2.CE-V.R ....excellent release. Here I think the R2R team acted petty and showed envy against the V.R team. I my book you give credit where credit is due.

But both teams have stinkers on their resume. One terrible release that comes to mind was:
    Roland.VirtualSonics.Legendary.&.AIRA.Series.2018.10.CE-V.R
    Slow and sluggish and every plugin was put in separate folder. Just a horrible unusable crap.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. hungwell

hungwell Newbie

I have waves 9.6 is it worth jumping up to 11 ??

5. tun

tun Rock Star

advice:
    read the NFO, it will usually tell you the step by step process. if it doesnt, look for a file named something like "patcher". if that exists you will need to patch it using that (it will be self explanitory) after you have installed it. if there is no other file like that, just an installer, then you can probably just install it and use it.

link:
    we cant link to warez here. if we abuse this great forum we will all lose it.

PMed

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

R2R is cleaner and easier to install and no waves central

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

https://www.waves.com/downloads/central

:guru::thanks::goodpost:

8. babuk

babuk Producer

9. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

Does waves central run in the background?

What are the: bat files Error Codes & VENUE Installer
    TestMotherboard.exe and TestVersion.exe?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. bonafont

bonafont Newbie

Every time I load an instrument it asks me to locate the samples folder. I've tried every folder included in VR's release and none work, the locate folder window just pops back up. Does it work for you?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. playtime

playtime Rock Star

It works normally. I really can't tell what causes the problem on your side :dunno:
    What I did was when I finished installing, I opened up standalone versions of each instrument, pointed to it's library and it was ok since then.

Maybe you have some leftovers from previous installation?

12. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

Is there a Waves guru here that can write step by step instuctions to install and update Waves using VR and R2R releases?

13. bonafont

bonafont Newbie

Never had Waves installed before. What is the folder with the libaries? Do you have to copy it from VR's folder somewhere?

14. playtime

playtime Rock Star

No, Instrument libraries are separate downloads which you need to have on your hard drive. Those are samples. You can look for them on sister site or download directly from Waves website. Sent you a PM with details :wink:

15. bonafont

bonafont Newbie

Thanks!

16. francolocutor

francolocutor Newbie

17. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Hi guys,

when you have to downlad the plugins from waves ( with VR Patch ) , why is the DL on AudioZ 4.3 GB big ?

Or are the plugins included in the DL - you install them with wavescentral - and then use the VR patch ?

18. Tamil Boi

Tamil Boi Ultrasonic

Which waves version is the best and stable release from sister site? im on windows 10

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  19. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

All versions are stable, it is better to install the current version, so you have all updates and innovations.

20. Tamil Boi

Tamil Boi Ultrasonic

Thank you very much, i actually had to reboot my system. Cuz the recent waves bundle and other big wave ilok release stopped working on FL and Modified protools. Tried reinstalling all the apps with clean registry still faced the same issue.

Im just being extra careful with installing plugins