WAVES Complete "Central has encountered a system permission issue"

Discussion in 'PC' started by triplesiccx, Nov 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. triplesiccx

triplesiccx Newbie

Hi Community,
    im here on Windows 10, i used to had the WAVES Complete version from last Year without any Problems, but now i want to install the newer Versions from this Year but it wont let me. Everytime i want to install
    waves central "CENTRAL HAS ENCOUNTERED A SYSTEM PERMISSION ISSUE" shows up in the instalation window so i need to close it.
    I tried a lot of things like deleting local host machine and all of them other folders, restarting and so on but nothing helps im also logged in as admin on my PC

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

The error indicates the installer tries to copy file(s) to a path he actually has'nt write permissions for.
    Normally the installer does'nt need elevated rights but nevertheless would try to start the installer as admin

4. triplesiccx

triplesiccx Newbie

right click and start as admin? thats what i tried too but still the same :(

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How to Solve ‘Installation Failed’ Errors in Waves Central
    https://www.waves.com/support/error-during-product-installation-using-waves-central#restart

This means that Waves Central is encountering an issue when attempting to write files to your computer..

Try each of the following steps, one at a time, then try to install again.
    If the issue persists, move on to the next step.

1. Quit all running programs/applications except for Waves Central.
    2. Access Waves Central’s Settings tab, then press Clear next to ‘Clear Central cache.’
    3. This error may also occur if the sample library location is not accessible to Waves Central.Access Waves Central’s Settings tab, then press Change next to ‘Sample libraries data folder.’Set the location to: Applications > Waves > Data > Instrument Data.
    4. Restart your machine.
    5. Uninstall any previously installed Waves products. Full instructions can be found here.
    6. Verify that you have Administrator privileges on your operating system.
    7. If you do not, or if the issue persists, create a new Administrator user account.
    Installation failed – The user hasn’t granted permission

This is often displayed when Waves Central encounters a permission issue when trying to read or write a file to or from your drive:

If you are prompted with a ‘Waves Central wants to make changes’ message, please allow this by clicking ‘Yes’ in Windows or by typing your Mac’s System User and Password in order to grant proper permissions.

Try each of the following steps, one at a time, then try to install again.
    If the issue persists, move on to the next step.

1. Ensure you have granted Waves Central permission to run its processes:
      • Windows: After clicking ‘Install’, click Yes when prompted by a message that reads ‘Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?’
      • Mac: After clicking ‘Install’, enter your Mac’s Username and Password when prompted, then click OK.
    2. Close all currently running programs/applications except for Waves Central.
    3. In Windows: Right-click Waves Central, and choose ‘Run as Administrator.’
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Verify that you have Administrator privileges on your operating system.
    6. If you do not, or if the issue persists, create a new Administrator user account.

6. triplesiccx

triplesiccx Newbie

hi beat15,
    bei punkt 3. unten steht
    In Windows: Right-click Waves Central, and choose ‘Run as Administrator.’ und dann punkt 4 restart, meinen die nachdem die installation zu ende ist oder während ich punkt 3 ausführe?

7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

You mentioned that you had a previous version of Waves installed.
    So I would start completely over.
    In this case, it makes sense to uninstall Waves and Waves Central completely and delete all residues by hand of Waves from the system.

So search in the paths:

%APPDATA%\Waves Audio
    %APPDATA%\Waves Central
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Waves Audio
    %PROGRAMDATA%\Waves Audio
    C:\Users\Public\Waves Audio
    C:\program files\
    C:\program files\Common files
    c:\Program Files (x86)
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Common files

After you cleared everything make sure you are using an administrator account to run Waves Central in it's context.
    Install Waves Central and then Waves as you need.

If that does't work redo all of the above cleaning steps, this time define a new Administrator account and use this account to install Waves central and the Waves (point 6 in @BEAT17s description)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. triplesiccx

triplesiccx Newbie

ok ill try thank you

9. triplesiccx

triplesiccx Newbie

nothing helps....könnte es daran liegen weil ich online bin? sollte ich meinen wlan stick ziehen so dass ich offline bin?

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please check your mailbox!

11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I don't really believe that, because it's about the operating system's messages. But it is still possible. Try it.

However, I have had more success by using the R2R's release. R2R uses its own installer and not the Waves Central routine, which can do things in the background that we don't know about.
    So if everything else fails, use the R2R installer from sister site.

Good luck!

p.s.: Even with the release of R2R it is possible to install updated components from Waves with WavesCentral. So you have no disadvantage if you install R2R's release.
    But I don't want to confuse you unnecessarily: If you have questions about this, we'll clarify them separately.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  12. triplesiccx

triplesiccx Newbie

i still had that problem so i decided to go back to older version of waves, but u def right with that R2R release and its own installers, that works way better !! thank you all for the help :wink: i will wait for a R2R version with installer :)

13. machinezz

machinezz Newbie

How to fix the "waves central has encountered a system permissions issue" error when starting up on macos? There is a way! This also solves the problem with the licenses, if there is one.

In order to fully fix Waves Central and restore its startup and eliminate the problems with license activation - you need to delete all files and folders where the keyword "waves" (search in finder) in these places:

1)
    /Library/Application Support/
    (Delete here folders "Waves" / "Waves Audio" / "Waves Central", some of them may be folders, if you see them, delete them)

2)
    /user/Library/Application Support/
    (Delete here folders "Waves" / "Waves Audio" / "Waves Central", folders may be some of them if you see them, delete)

3)
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/
    (Delete all files/file with the word "waves")

4)
    /user/Library/Preferences/
    (Delete all files with the word "waves")

5)
    /Applications/
    (delete completely the Waves folder)

6)
    After all manipulations - RESTART the computer, and then download the clean Waves Central in the applications and run. Now everything should go smoothly!

P.S..
    If a folder is not deleting, and you get an error that the files/folder is locked by the system, you need to run a terminal and enter the command:
    "chflags -R nouchg".
    After that, hit "space" and DRAG the folder (that won't get deleted) directly to the terminal window (its address will appear). Here's how it should look like in terminal window for example:
    "chflags -R nouchg /Applications/Waves".
    Next - press enter, enter user password (it won't show) and press "enter" again. Now any folder will be deleted without any problems.

I have suffered a lot of time before I managed to fix my problem after the system recovery, none of the methods on dozens of websites did not help, so I decided to write a really working method for other users, because before that I have not found an answer to my question :)
    Good luck!