Waves Central Legit - Any Experiences?

Discussion in 'Software' started by phloopy, Feb 11, 2018.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I´ve bought a cheap bundle + a few plugs from Waves Audio!

I´ve had nothing but troubles installing these plugs via Waves Central!

Customer support has been ok ... until they asked me to give them access to my PC online, so they could solve the problems for me!

Are there any alternative ways to get around the Waves Central? .... I see they have a USB flash drive solution... is that an option that works? :dunno:

Thanks in advance

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Mr. Phloopy, I'm sorry but I cannot help. My motto is "if it requires a dongle, stay away from that mongrel."

4. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Most facilities I know have them either on their iLok (that does work) or use that USB Flash solution you mentioned (works too).
    I didn't know there is a third option? So they offer to authorize your harddrive/mainboard/some other system id? I'm pretty sure using that flash method would work. You use any usb flash drive, and waves central writes some file to that. the hardware serialnr of that flash drive plus that file is now your dongle and can be transfered to other Systems.

5. Lazybones

Lazybones Member

I'm on Mac and I have a usb stick for Waves authorizations. Its formatted FAT32. I don't recall any problems. I assume you probably got some serial or authorization numbers for your plugs iirc. Then I think maybe you check off the plugs you bought from the list so it'll install those. I admit Waves Central confuses me a bit when I do use it because its not very often that I do.
    Think you get a choice to use your computer, a usb stick or cloud for your authorizations.
    As a matter of fact I just updated WC just now and it said I had updates. I just clicked on that and it updated my plugs. I don't remember that being that easy before, lol.