Waves Central Dose Not open in Mac 10.6.8 What The F.uck

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by lyric8, Nov 12, 2015.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Waves Central Dose Not open in Mac 10.6.8 What The F.uck Waves Central wont open in Mac 10.6.8 Now i can't download any Demos From Waves i Looked on Waves Facebook page and all overs using Mac 10.6.8 Having the same Problem But one Good thing is that they say to contact Waves Support and they Have a Work around But i still have not herd Back From Waves Support any one having this Problem to ?

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

4. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Sadly none of the companies will support old OS versions forever.

From Waves site, it clearly states 10.9.5 - 10.11 only for waves v9 (even if you may find a method to hack around it).

Onward and upwards or make local backups and don't install anything new. :sad:

Demos and even offline install generation all has to be done through the new Waves Central app as that is what deals with the licences now.

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

I was trying to demo the new vocal plugin that just came out looks like that's not going to happen now though thanks for the replies

6. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    It's not just Waves as well. I've read in various plugin forums that Apple makes it hard in XCode to support the older OS versions now. All part of that "Lets force people to upgrade 'cause it prints us money" mentality.

7. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

snow leopard is six years old don't be surprised.

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Same in Lion

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

on windows i can open 10+ years old programs and they run.
    its just a lame excuse for apple to get you to upgrade. btw im on windows 8.1, just to show its possible, the same works also on linux.

10. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

it'll be possible to use waves central in an older mac os. using some sort of command or mod or whatever.

Apple do like to push the future where as windows are happy using the same tech.

like getting rid of disk drives in the the new mbp etc..

i always update, but i'm a sucker for new features. i can't help it never works well for me but it's a bad habbit

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

ohhh come on i bought a notebook last year and added a SSD, so this is nothing new. the porblem is still that apple tries to make it impossible to repair or add new components to your device. SSD came 50€ for 120GB and the hybrid HDD im using a external HDD.

yes but shouldnt it be easy to auth any stuff you bought legit?
    i mean really ... so glad i never bought anything from waves.

12. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

That's exactly what i wrote so many times.
    Apple does it with intention & for PROFIT! :snuffy: They have no interest at all in supporting their
    older OS anymore. They always make believe that the new upcoming OS would be better,
    faster, safer, stabler...bla, bla, bla...just empty talk. And they even went so far to delete the
    prefix MAC forever - now people read "OSX" and may falsely think it's a brand-new system.

13. mapjay

mapjay Member

you guys. it's not always about profit... Apple has been releasing it's latest OS X versions, for free.

Third-party software makers (like Waves, Avid, Steinberg, NI, etc), need to make new software that is compatible with the most recent Operating System versions, for new model computer owners. Trying to make the same, new software compatible with operating systems that are several years older, is not easy, if compatible at all. Due to new issues, like 64-bit compatibility, security issues, etc - but mostly for the new features in the new software, that take advantage of the new features of the newer operating systems. you just can't live with the oldest stuff, forever....

with that being said...

Apple systems last YEARS longer than most pc systems. for example... a 2008 mac pro tower, is still compatible with today's latest OS X, but will also still run the older OS X versions, including Snow Leopard 10.6.x and even Leopard, 10.5.x! Not all older intel mac machines can keep up with the latest OS X, as it depends on the hardware the machines were built with. But regardless... Apple products, at least of the last 6-7 years, are still quite versatile with operating system and software compatibility.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Up Date Waves Finally e-mailed Me Back There is a work around But they Said Not for the New plugins that are coming out and you have to put the License on a USB Drive just so you can use your plugins that are older so you can use them still ( They Midis-well Be iLoK 2 Lol ) So Fuck i guess the Waves PLugins are Gone to any thing over v9r30 unless someone finds a way to Defeat the New Waves Central Shit for any New Plugin releases Thanks for all the Waves Plugins up to this point :wink:

15. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

You say it: it's perfect SLAVERY in some way!
    And what's with all the rest of older computer owners?
    Okay, that can be true. But then we see software developers coming up offering stuff for the newest OS only...
    ...and again we have *slaves in the treadmill!* = you cannot use their stuff 'cause they break compatibility,
    libraries sound designer offer their goodies for the newest KONTAKT (5) model only...it's an avalanche they create.

16. mapjay

mapjay Member

@ Cook. grow up man. you can't wear the same pair of shoes or the same t-shirt forever, can you? NO. you can't. you're old shit is worn out, and needs something new to replace it. 6-7 years is quite a while for a system to be running smoothly. at some point... you're gonna have to upgrade if you want to run newer technology, newer software... just like your shoes and your shirts. they simply won't last FOREVER. nothing lasts FOREVER. everything expires, wears-out or gets too out-dated, at some point. part of LIFE... Evolution. Move forward, not backward!

17. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Your bad spelling apart, i find your reply funny. But my "old shit" as you call it, is working fine...probably better than any
    new *over-hyped* stuff. Don't forget that many people don't want to upgrade their machines every half a year!

18. dt68

dt68 Member

19. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

I have just reluctantly upgraded to Mavericks for similar reasons...
    It's a slippery slope
    :grooves:

20. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I'm fearing the day when I will be forced to upgrade my Hackintosh to El Presidente or whatever the fuck this shit is called. ;) Mavericks works fine on my Hackintosh while Yosemite didn't. SSD issues, instabilities, strange behavior.