Waves and Pro Tools 9 problems

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Jessycd, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Hi !

I'm actually giving a try to Pro Tools, and see if I use it enough to buy it in a near future.

So Pro Tools itself works. But when I load it, it scans every plug ins, but crashes on the Waves Complete 8r7 (Hacked by K'd) because it says I need to download a PACE thing... I have to delete the Waveshell-DAE.dpm, and then I got a error message, I click "Cancel" and everything's fine, it doesn't crash but I can't use Waves...

Is it possible to use Waves Complete with that kind of Pro Tools ? If yes, how ?

Will it be the same with an official PT ?

Last thing, this version of Waves works fine with my Logic (Official) !

Thank you :)

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    In order to use the Waves plugins, it is ok to download the latest PACE drivers, so give it a Yes and then proceed. You won't have any trouble. First intall the PACE drivers and then install the Waves/PT thing. I can't remember how, though. It's been a while since this came up in [K']-land.

4. notrace

notrace Producer

That's not correct! A properly cracked Waves v8r7 and PT9 doesn't require any pace drivers to be installed! The cracks of both products has stripped them of any need for pace.

5. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Anyway I tried this, now I got a blank window with the title "Waves H-EQ-Hybrid line EQ V8" which is the new plug-in they released...

Hopefully it still works within Logic !

notrace you say another cracked version might work ?

Thank you :)

6. notrace

notrace Producer

What I'm saying is something's not right on your end. The A-Team release of Waves Complete v8r7 works fine with PT9.xx. However, there are indeed some half ass cracks of Pro Tools 9.xx floating around! You never state what version of PT you're running there?

The proper procedure for installing Pro Tools 9.xx is

a) Install Pro Tools 9, reboot
    b) Install Complete Production Toolkit 2
    c) Install whatever update of Pro Tools you're using, reboot
    d) Apply crack for that updated version of PT, reboot.

Now install the A-Team's Waves Complete v8r7 release and when the installation completes, reboot.

7. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

This is what I did !

But not the same day. You think I should do it again ?

And I'm running PT9.0.0 ! Another guy told me that newer PT updates don't work ! Right or wrong ?

8. notrace

notrace Producer

I would at minimum move to 9.02. Version 9 of PT required one have gdb installed on their system. Did you do that? From PT9.02 on... it no longer required one to install gdb on ones system because it utilized a better crack method! With version 9.03 some folks have complained that plug-ins disappeared but not everyone experienced that. 9.04's best crack was done by the Russian group which basically repacked the 9.03 state side crack into a *.dmg installer. Some said 9.04 also randomly would loose plug-ins. I never experienced that symptom with either 9.03 and 9.04. 9.04 was actually a bug fix for the 17" Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt.

9. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

I updated to 9.0.2, but Waves still doesn't work lol

Nevermind, I got it on Logic, and got loads of other stuffs...

I will give a new try the day I'll update again.

Thank you notrace :wink:

10. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I really start to miss my Waves stuff ! lol

Don't you think there's something to do ? Sometimes we just need to move or delete a folder/file and everything works fine ! But as I'm new on Mac, I don't know Mac OSX like I knew Windows...

Actually PT asks me to install the PACE thing, I did it, then when I launch PT, it asks me for the license of H-EQ (The new Waves plug-in), I click "Quit" and then PT craches...

So what must do, is delete the Waveshell-DAE.dpm in HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins, with that trick PT ignore Waves...

Any idea ?

Oh yeah, and I got an iLock plugged on my Mac (I tried to unplugged it) maybe the problem comes from it ?

I'm still on Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and Pro Tools HD 9.0.2, Waves Complete is version 8r7, maybe an older one would work ? (Stupid question huh ? lol)

I tried to download different products, like CLA Classic Compressors, or JJP Analog Legends, but same problem...

11. UnderRated420

UnderRated420 Newbie

I was looking into maybe trying out the waves 8r7 from the ATeam.
    I have snow leopard using Pro Tools 8.1.1 will this work???
    It looks like it will on the waves compatibility page http://www.wavesupport.net/Objects/Images/Product%20Info/Supported_Hosts_Charts/V8_mac.html

But just wanted to ask someone around here if they knew for sure...???

12. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Regarding my problem I had to uninstall properly with the Waves uninstaller, then reinstall it, and everything was fine !

There's no reason Waves 8r7 wouldn't work with PT 8 ! So... Try it ;)

It's warez so sometimes we don't really know what can happens, but the Waves Complete from A-Team is really stable.

13. UnderRated420

UnderRated420 Newbie

Cool man i will try it. Just didn't wanna mess something up on our studio computer ya know?
    Is there a good pro tools 9 HD somewhere? Always worried about when the programs mess with dongles or iloks.

14. UnderRated420

UnderRated420 Newbie

Where is the best working Pro Tools HD 9.0 direct download???

Then, is there a russian 9.04 available like stated earlier in this thread I could download directly???

Thanks so much for any help!

Much appreciated!