Waves 9 - individual Plug-in Install

Discussion in 'Software' started by mercurysoto, Jun 8, 2014.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Hi, people. I was wondering if there's a way to install individual plug-ins of the Waves 9 [k'ed] suite. I've been doing some computer housekeeping, and I've come to realize that there are plug-ins that I've never used. 400+ plugs now seems too many to keep. I'd like to shorten my list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

Thanks man. I actually tried and did it before, but I messed the whole thing up. As you said, there are files that can't be deleted. I had to clean up my computer and remove it all. Now I remember a time when bundles appeared with an installer that gave you options to check the plugs you'd want. Maybe it was as far aback as W7, in which case all I'm left to do is to be more careful the next time.

Thanks anyway, X.

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

waves shell2vst or VstWrapperbuilder should do the trick, Can be found easily on Google

5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

when installing you got a box where you can mark individual plugins i think it is working so you dont need to tick the mercury box
    I am NOT SURE THOUGH as i never tried it myself but have read other doing it withy success i thinbk is gonna work as you only patch the shell dll:s
    Or if you only use vst2 version you can install the mercury + ssl and other important plugins and do what mykal said use the shellwrapper and just copy the tiny dll:s it creates to your vst dir

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's actually quite easy to get rid of the plugins you don't need in v9. Just delete the plugin folder in the Program Files/Waves/Plugins and rescan the VSTs with your DAW, but yes - you cannot nor need to delete anything else. I actually know how to install anything from Waves without using the installer, but it's too complicated to explain [I feel lazy today]. :)

In short, all you need is Waveshell dll in your VST folder, Waves plugins folder somewhere [Program Files/Waves?] and a little blabla.reg file that tells the Waveshell where to look for plugins. This reg file creates a registry key at HKLM/Software/Waves with the default value of something like "C:\Program Files\Waves\Plugins", or you can create it manually by editing the registry directly, creating this HKLM/Waves key and entering the path to your Waves plugins folder as a default value. Nothing else is needed, except that you will probably need to install the VC++ 2008 and 2012 runtimes that Waves installer puts into Waves/utilities folder.

It's actually so ludicrously simple that I don't even bother with Waves installer any more. I just put the plugin folders of plugins that I want to use in "Program Files/Waves", put the Waveshells 9.1 and 9.2 in the VST folder and make the "Waves" registry entry. Finished installing. :) VC++ runtimes are actually necessary for many plugins and programs so it's always a good practice to install those, too, first. VC++ 2005,2008,2010 and 2012.

Cheers!

7. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

Thanks a great deal for your support. It's been highly educational. There's just one little thing I forgot to mention: I'm on a Mac and I run Logic, though I'd to try and use that vst wrapper thing.

8. ferhatyildirim

ferhatyildirim Newbie

Hello there,
    In the beginning of install Waves plugins v9.Xx release one would have options to pick and select which plugins they prefer..
    :snuffy: