Waves 9.92 Tip of the day (for use with FL Studio PluginDB)

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Maizelman, Oct 11, 2017.

?

Do you use FL Studio together with Wavez

1. Yup. Everytime!

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Yes, sometimes..

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Huh..??

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. I don't use Fruity Loops and Waves at all but iI want to vote for something, too

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Nope. FL only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Waves Tip of the day (for use with Fruity Loops Plugin Database)

[​IMG]

As you probably know FL Studio is now 100% compatible with waves plugins.

Cool Thing Is: that for some time (with the latest waves versions) it is possible to open the old waveshells (in your two year old flps) again -> so if you have old projects... for example: made with waveshell 9.6, the waves plugins will load again, despite it is v.9.91 now.
    Before, there was no way to restore plugins from older waveshells after updating to next waveshell. So now it's possible and iI only came to know about it by chance, while playing around and testing stuff. It's also a shame that this took them so many years to push out.. On the other hand... How many people use FL with Waves at all...

Well, iI always hated, that iI had to renew half of my PluginDB with every new waveshell version...but..
    ...those times are gone... :wink:

Important:

1. Check verify while (re)scanning with the Plugin Manager.

2. Do not load the plugins through the waveshell afterwards. Nowadays the Plugin Manager lists every single waves plugin if you verify them.

That's it.

vst3 is also working flawlessly

If you use the categorized PluginDB in FL, you may want to reorganize the plugins into different folders.

iI uploaded my own categorized Plugin Database with approximately100 waves .fsts (already s0rted by category) so try it out if ya like ;) You should be able to open all your 0ld projects with it (even without rescanning as long as you have some of the latest waves)

PluginDB
    http://rgho.st/8rfGHDplW

Enjoy and make some music

:phunk:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  3. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

The "No" option is missing.
    I don't have any waves plugin installed atm. but ye, I run FL on my mashine.

4. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

As above..He He......
    Or an option for.............. "No coz it wouldnt run inside fl"
    Which was my deal anyways.......

use em withn abl tho...

5. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

That's good news, I always hesitate to update the wave plugin because of that (even now that I don't use the waveshell anymore, the traumatize is still there)

And big thanks for sharing you categorized files, for now mine is still half a mess, with some plugin order by brand, other by "classic" and a big folder for the mono, but still take a huge part in my effect list in FL. All other plugin are order kind of like your list, but I was to lazy to do it with the waves, so you save me a big time :wink:

6. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

@r4e and @jynx
    -added the "Nope!" option to the list ;)

@11Fletcher you're welcome. Glad iI could save you some time. That was what iI intended with my upload. iI know how long it can take to get all the files in order. My list is not even complete, but iI think it's a pretty good lead. +Add what you want..

7. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

Sorry to hear that, it's a bullshit to RENAME a VST with every update, a big craft from Waves.
    An easy solution could have been proposed by DAW is to let us browse and load a VST if the name is different or if the DAW can not find it...

I solved the problem as soon as it appeared, definitely and with ALL the plugins that change name every week by removing the version number .xxxxx after installation.

Example:
    Before: waveshellv9.3.dll
    After: waveshell.dll

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Cackwizard

Cackwizard Ultrasonic

Thanks for this but I am fixing to delete because I have absolutely no idea how to use all the stuff anyhow...sigh. You could help me out by telling me what, or which stuff to keep so I can delete all the rest? Like, what plugins I should really get a handle on.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Yaa mean, ya don't know if yaa need all those waves plugins? Can't help ya with that decision. Yaa have to make it for yourself. Luckily there are free youtube tutorial videos for almost all waves plugins which hopefully can give ya enough information about them and help yaa choose some to test and to maybe use them later .. :bow: