Waves 9.91 Tip of the day (for use with FL Studio PluginDB)

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Mainzelman, Oct 11, 2017.

?

Do you use FL Studio together with Wavez

1. Yup. Everytime!

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Yes, sometimes..

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Huh..??

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. I don't use Fruity Loops and Waves at all but iI want to vote for something, too

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Nope. FL only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mainzelman

Mainzelman Producer

Waves Tip of the day (for use with Fruity Loops Plugin Database)

[​IMG]

As you probably know FL Studio is now 100% compatible with waves plugins.

Cool Thing Is: that for some time (with the latest waves versions) it is possible to open the old waveshells (in your two year old flps) again -> so if you have old projects... for example: made with waveshell 9.6, the waves plugins will load again, despite it is v.9.91 now.
    Before, there was no way to restore plugins from older waveshells after updating to next waveshell. So now it's possible and iI only came to know about it by chance, while playing around and testing stuff. It's also a shame that this took them so many years to push out.. On the other hand... How many people use FL with Waves at all...

Well, iI always hated, that iI had to renew half of my PluginDB with every new waveshell version...but..
    ...those times are gone... :wink:

Important:

1. Check verify while (re)scanning with the Plugin Manager.

2. Do not load the plugins through the waveshell afterwards. Nowadays the Plugin Manager lists every single waves plugin if you verify them.

That's it.

vst3 is also working flawlessly

If you use the categorized PluginDB in FL, you may want to reorganize the plugins into different folders.

iI uploaded my own categorized Plugin Database with approximately100 waves .fsts (already s0rted by category) so try it out if ya like ;) You should be able to open all your 0ld projects with it (even without rescanning as long as you have some of the latest waves)

PluginDB
    http://rgho.st/8nlHL7Tbn

Enjoy and make some music

:phunk:

3. r4e

r4e Platinum Record

The "No" option is missing.
    I don't have any waves plugin installed atm. but ye, I run FL on my mashine.

4. jynx

jynx Producer

As above..He He......
    Or an option for.............. "No coz it wouldnt run inside fl"
    Which was my deal anyways.......

use em withn abl tho...

5. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Member

That's good news, I always hesitate to update the wave plugin because of that (even now that I don't use the waveshell anymore, the traumatize is still there)

And big thanks for sharing you categorized files, for now mine is still half a mess, with some plugin order by brand, other by "classic" and a big folder for the mono, but still take a huge part in my effect list in FL. All other plugin are order kind of like your list, but I was to lazy to do it with the waves, so you save me a big time :wink:

6. Mainzelman

Mainzelman Producer

@r4e and @jynx
    -added the "Nope!" option to the list ;)

@11Fletcher you're welcome. Glad iI could save you some time. That was what iI intended with my upload. iI know how long it can take to get all the files in order. My list is not even complete, but iI think it's a pretty good lead. +Add what you want..