Waves 14 M1 won't install error

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Jim Bob, Sep 21, 2022.

1. ENNEYE

ENNEYE Newbie

Hey there! I have same M2 Ventura, but can't get the plugins to register with the utility, how did you do it???
    cheers N :)

2. ricky1997

ricky1997 Newbie

For some reason I cannot find a Waves file under Application Support. I see a Waves Audio file and Waves Central, but cannot find the license folder. Any suggestions?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

it should be Waves Audio and Waves Central folders. (on older versions). Did you have an old version and not uninstall it?

Open your Finder and go to your internal SSD. then Library, Application Support, and you should only see a Waves folder.

or open terminal, change directory

cd /Library/Application\ Support/Waves

then list files in the folder

ls

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  4. ricky1997

ricky1997 Newbie

What is this sister site to get waves central downloaded?

5. shafayat faisal

shafayat faisal Newbie

stuck at this screen on my M1 Pro Macbook Pro with Ventura 13.6.3. any one can help? i have follwed the guide exactly.

Attached Files:

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's hard to say from the screenshot with any certainty. the first thing I would do, would be to close Logic and reboot.

it sees all the waves plugins, but it went to your plugin manager without validating all those waves plugins. highlight the one which it shows just passed, and hit reset selection. it may go to the next one and continue scanning. or you could do the full audio unit reset.

those plugins all show they have not been validated, but they should all pass since you show the first one it did scan as passing. You only have a couple hundred more of them to go. you can even click disable failed, and it will continue to the project window. And then it will do it again next time you open Logic.

you may have followed the guide "Exactly" but waves installation instructions are often wrong. but just enough to totally screw you up.

7. Sun_Lion

Sun_Lion Member

Confirming RET release is working perfectly on M1 Pro Monterey 12.7.x

Was the trickest installation I've ever done, took a few attempts, but eventually it all worked.

Patience is key!

8. Se7enW

Se7enW Noisemaker

Whats the latest RET patch release? The last I have is from July 2023.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

7/26 and 7/31

10. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Dont bother with any waves other then audiotools january with silk, the space ruder works only in demo modes unless your willing to live with out sip on or downgrade to Ventura which is worse then sip turned off.

i tested all the waves both RET with waves direct download and combos using the same waves cen inside the offline folder which is where it should work from the first time you launch it unless you will anticipate with permission issues.

as for sip temporally on to install forget it in sonoma osx, the moment you ti\urn sip back on your data drive is a permission mess after rebooting and all, plugs that worked like “the scream” the glue etc all failed and deep singing fails, says cant be found.. so sip off with wifi off for security

btw the Sonible smarteq4 is like a trojan, the one someone added moria too, as soon as you install it all the waves including paid for plugin alliance fail, the files moves your plugins into another folder called sm, while trashing presets

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  11. Se7enW

Se7enW Noisemaker

I actually got it all to work with the latest January RET Patch. All good. p.s. I don't really care about the Space Rider. Its nothing that would go in to my workflow.

12. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

which is the same thing at audiotools, the problem is the waves files (matching ) versions are tampered with, I downloaded the exact same thing from audiotools that I had downloaded elsewhere and that one from elsewhere was a mess..yet RET identical and all