Waves 10 FX working but not vst synth/plugins

Discussion in 'PC' started by Valorouswon, May 20, 2019.

1. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

Hi,

So when i "moved all", i got an error about the actual instrument plugins. now when I try to load in my DAW i get an error "vst codex (coudl not open plugin)

do I have to move more folders somehwere after installation? like all the stuf in program files (x86)?

thanks!

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

What? Your plugins should be in your (dedicated) plugins folder.

4. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

ive never had to move plugins before just waveshells for vst plugins, avid, vst3, etc. Where am i dragging what?

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Waveshell is just a "map" or a "co-ordinator" to where you installed your individual plugins. The plugins are located elsewhere.

I've never bothered moving moving my plugins. If you want to move all the plugins you might want to move them and then insert their new adress/folder in the preferences (txt-files). Mine are here (I'm on Win PC):
    c:\Users\YourUserName\appData\Roaming\Waves Audio\Preferences\

For me, the individual plugins (x86 and x64) are here:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10\

I'm sure there are more experienced people here who have moved their Waves plugins (for some reason) who can give more info on all folders and files that needs to be moved and/or edited. It sure seems like a lot of work instead of just re-installing the Waves plugins/bundle.

6. Valorouswon

Valorouswon Noisemaker

Ive always had to move my waveshell's to my vst plugins folder so my DAW actually reads it, or everything says in x86 - waves. With the newest version of Waves 10 the plugins just don't work, they are in the folder you listed, but not functioning. I've only ever moved the waveshells :S

7. LurkerSupreme

LurkerSupreme Ultrasonic

What Daw are you using?