Wave Arts Convology XT - Free!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, May 10, 2019.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Convology XT is a free convolution reverb, the result of a collaboration between Impulse Record and Wave Arts. Convology XT comes with 70 vintage impulse responses, a sampling of the 2,965 impulse responses in the Convology XT library.

The Convology XT library is focused on vintage reverb effects. Responses were sampled from 126 different pieces of vintage studio gear from studios all over the world. There are 10 separate libraries: 80s-90s DSP 1 Basic, 80s-90s DSP 2 Classic, 80s-90s DSP 3 Pro, Plates, Springs Bright, Springs Boingy, Springs Warm, Echo Space, Vintage Amps, and Vintage German DSP. The libraries are affordably priced.

The plug-in features an easy to use interface to browse through the libraries, allowing the user to quickly step through presets and audition on the fly while the music is playing. Despite being free, Convology XT is a world class convolution reverb, with CPU efficient processing, low latency and zero latency modes, max IR length of 2M samples (40 sec at 48 kHz), support for WAV and AIF files, and modulation. There are also extensive IR modification functions, including stretch, decay time scaling, EQ, frequency-dependent decay time scaling, time reverse, and amplitude envelope. And a cool UI with real time spectrum, time display, and images of the vintage gear.

The beauty of Convology XT is the ease of browsing a huge vintage library, with truly world class impulse response files.
    • Comes with 70 factory IRs
    • Fast loading, quickly step through IRs
    • Loads external WAV and AIF files
    • Many IR modification features: stretch, decay time, EQ, frequency dependent decay time, reverse, amplitude envelope
    • Low latency and zero latency modes
    • Max IR length 2M samples
    • CPU efficient
    • 192 kHz sampling rate

Requires a host program that supports audio plug-ins.

Macintosh – AU, VST2, VST3, AAX
    • OS X 10.7 and higher
    • AAX – Pro Tools 10.3.5 and higher
    Windows – VST2, VST3, AAX
    • Windows 7/8/10
    • AAX – Pro Tools 10.3.5 and higher
    IMPULSE RECORD:

Convology XT is a FREE convolution reverb, the result of a collaboration between Wave Arts and Impulse Record. Convology XT comes with 70 vintage impulse responses, a sampling of the 2,965 impulse responses in the Convology XT Libraries.

Convology XT Libraries may be purchased at the Impulse Record Store.

Please use the following coupon to get the 35% off discount:

may-2019-cvxt-promo

NOTE: the coupon field is found at the bottom of the store page, scroll down to the bottom, paste the code into the coupon field, and click Apply to see the discount applied.

The plug-in features an easy to use interface to browse through the libraries, allowing the user to quickly step through presets and audition on the fly while the music is playing. Despite being free, Convology XT is a world class convolution reverb, with CPU efficient processing, low latency and zero latency modes, max IR length of 2M samples (40 sec at 48 kHz), support for WAV and AIF files, and modulation. There are also extensive IR modification functions, including stretch, decay time scaling, EQ, frequency-dependent decay time scaling, time reverse, and amplitude envelope. And a cool UI with real time spectrum, time display, and images of the vintage gear.

The beauty of Convology XT is the ease of browsing a huge vintage library, with truly world class impulse response files.

Convology XT may be downloaded from the Impulse Record download page.

• Interesting Interesting x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

That's interesting. If I understand, we can load our own IRS into it?

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. demberto

demberto Rock Star

anybody tested this??? how is this compared to fruity convolver?

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Good question Oly.

I´ve installed the plug and tested briefly. It works and sounds really nice, with very low cpu and loads of opportunities to manipulate etc.

I havent found the folder on my system yet which contain the IRs, so I cannot tell if it´s posseble to ad your own stuff.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Yes you can bro', wave IR can be loaded, just tested, and i like it, more than RV7000 mkII, because tweaking IR is better.

7. Citrik Acid

You can bro' look at this:

User IR Loading.jpg

But as you, i have search stock IR, without success... :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

It's funny: a week ago, I converted a lot of Impulse Responses from Reverbs like the Bricasti M7, Lexicon 480L, EMT 140 and 245 and a bunch of others so I could use them inside of Logics Space Designer.

I didn't pick up Convology XT then, because I though the free XT Version doesn't allow to load your own IRs – but I was wrong!

For beeing a free plugin though, it sounds really good. It has some Impulses from famos and classic Reverbs like the Lexicon 224, the 480L, EMT 245 and Eventide SP 2016, which I own as a plugin. I could'nt match the settings, because the SP 2016 Plugin has a lot of additional controls which Convology XT doesn't offer. So I can't really tell how accurate the IRs are, all I know there are some fine ones in there which seem really useful.

As far as freebie convolution reverbs are concerned, there are not so many available for Mac that are actually in 64 Bit. Knifinkes SIR 2 is 32 Bit only and a lot of the other ones are PC only.

[EDIT]: I got the EQ wrong first, so I deleted everything I wrote about it. Really useful, the Frequency Seciton!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

In macOs they are located in HDD > Library > Application Support > Impulse Record > ConvolutionXT Libraries

In windows they are probably stored somewhere in one of the hidden "AppData" Folders or how it's called.

But the IRs are stored in a proprietary format: .cmvxwav

10. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Interesting.

Interesting.

Also interesting.

MUCH MORE INTERESTING COULD BE POINTING US TO THE FOLDER THAT CONTAIN THE IR´s!!!

11. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

it says e:\impusle responses\KingTubyxxxxxxxxx on the picture.

12. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks reliefsan.... e:\impusle responses\KingTubyxxxxxxxxx isn´t an option here.... so?

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Stock IRs are stored in ProgramData/Impulse Record/Convology XT Libraries/Factory Library/ in Windows, and are in a proprietary *.cmvxwav format, so probably unusable with other convolution plugins. But the main thing that makes me happy is that you can load normal *.wav IRs in it. There are so many great quality IRs on the net, and a lot of them for free, even. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Citrik Acid

Thank for the location i missed it, but yes not usable on other plugins.

15. Citrik Acid

I show where are my IR, just go to folder where are your IR bro'

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Sorry for my language yesterday @Citrik Acid ....I guess I was a little stressed.

17. Guitar Hub

Guitar Hub Newbie

Nothing to do with Convolution or indeed Reverb? Reverb is earned and all these convo CPU whatever are reallly shit

18. Citrik Acid

No problem :wink::mates:

19. Infidel

Infidel Producer

Who? What? Huh?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Hi. Are there any smart programmers here? Need some help with Convology impulse responses. I want to open them in different software. Simple changing .cnvxwav to .wav doesn't help, the result is white noise. If you look through the file in Hex editor the header is almost identical to .wav files plus got some .xml info. It seems to me that the answer is on the surface but I'm to stupid to see it.
    I'll leave a link to the impulse response if anybody wants to try. https://www77.zippyshare.com/v/T7p2tnci/file.html
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  21. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Sorry, no clue about the hacking side of things. But..., you could sample the impulses by sending an impulse into the reverb and capturing the result. There is a tool inside Ableton's Convolution Pro that can do it. There is also - ironically by the developer of Convology - this free utility.

That way you could also sample presets* from the trial versions of commercial convolutions reverbs such as IKM Sunset and IKM Fame Studio reverbs or Eventide TVerb, all of them have really good and authentic sounding real rooms.

* of course only for test purposes and private use, never to share with the public :no:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List