Wave Alchemy Transistor Revolution

Discussion in 'PC' started by martel80, Mar 18, 2013.

1. martel80

martel80 Producer

So i just got this Kontakt library like 3 days ago.
    At first i was all exited about having it because i always found Wave Alchemy sound incredible.

But then....

I open the kontakt patch.....i Load a 808 Kick thinking i can actualy pitch it .....bot NO....nothing!!

The only thing i've been able to do is play with the decay attack tone and such.....there was nothing to even play the pitch 808....nothing to actualy make the work flow easy because the actual instrument ( as occured , the kick ) was only playable under one single CC note ( C1 )

Does someone have infos on that product or have had similar experience ?

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Martel80,

Personally, I think that this 'mapping' is rather useful even if it disapointed you a bit, what I can easily understand. But if you take this from another point of view, this 'mapping' of samples follows the 'General MIDI Standard' that is rather a good thing in case you want to play any 'MIDI' file that is conform to that 'General MIDI Standard', where the MIDI Note 'C1' corresponds to the 'Drum Kick' of a particular Drum Kit.

What you can do to be able to 'pitch' your desired sound (and if it's not possible within the provided 'Kontakt GUI' of that Library) is to use either a 'customized' Kontakt Script (which permits you to 'pitch' and/or 'transpose' the chosen element to any desired pitch/note), or to use some external Plugins that act as 'Pitch Shifter'. There's a lot of them available, and some of them are very accurate and reliable for that purpose (without altering too much the original sound).

4. martel80

martel80 Producer

@Studio 555 :
    Then if i use those Pitch shifter, it makes this 6GB roland TR-808 and 909 totaly obsolete by not keeping the original values of those legendary hardware.

Right now i am using the Goldbaby as Library for those 808 so its not something that realy disapoint me tothe fact that i have to totaly delete the library

I still think the 909 is ok .

I only wanted to brings to anyone attention that ( for the first time ) wave alchemy havent done a good product.

Its not reliable as a recreation of the original TR-808 as it force was to pitch snares , kick and toms.

But thank you for your proposition of pitch shifting even tho' sadly its totaly not what i am looking for !

Goldbaby 808 for kontakt is way better imho.

5. davea

davea Platinum Record

Weird… I will checked it out . And come back later. But did you load it into Kontakt Player or the Full one ? Did you tried to reach the option to go deeply into the sound sculpture area ? 'Cause normally inside there you can do what you want with any sample loaded … Even create a macro which could be assigned to any parameters, midi controller …

6. martel80

martel80 Producer

@Davea :
    Its loaded into Kontakt 5, loaded and registered as a library....not as a single file !
    No i didnt went into the macro , neither did i went to look at some programing any .bat. cfg or .exe or whatever parameter to be changed in what is suposed to be a simple TR hardware wich is totaly not !

The most important parameter of every Roland TR is missing there !

Big big failure on that product !

7. floond

floond Platinum Record

Blame Roland, mate. The 808 kick has a fixed frequency (~56Hz) with no direct pitch control. Either sample the kick and transpose, or simply use Kontakt's built-in Tune knob to change the pitch.