wav to ncw help

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ddoctor, May 26, 2017.

1. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

I need to convert thousands of wavs into ncw compressed files; using the original nkis is taking to much time to scan for missing samples because i have removed most microphones (orchestral tools libraries are in question). Is there a way to do it without using the original nkis?
    Edit: To be more direct - is there a tool or an option in Kontakt to convert wavs to ncw without it being linked to any nkis? Chicken Translator? Extreme sample converter cannot do it.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

If I understand what about re-naming patch and save as different NKI?
    I mean in theory if you have removed samples then once you have batch resaved then new nki linked to samples? You got too rename and save as new library in new folder first though.
    So for a library you want to say rename patch, new folder -> save patch (with samples in wav). Once you have renamed all patches and save, then make new nkr. Once that all done then all nki linked to samples in new location.
    Then it just a case of hit Batch compress to new folder. Can take some time on big libraries though. Long as you tick search i.e. Correct boxes on batch compress then you just leave kontakt to it.
    Original NKI will be linked to all mics in wav format so renaming and saving as say new library the important bit.
    I could be missing the point totally though lol :) :bow:

4. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Apsolutely. lol.
    Thanks for the effort, though.

5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

there are no converter wav to ncw directly at this time . you can only do this via kontakt itselves .

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

If you just need to mass convert a bunch of .wav files use File Explorer to navigate to the root folder of your samples.
    Do a search for .wav, select everything and drag and drop it into the Kontakt window. It'll create a .nki containing all your samples.
    File > Save As, check Patch + Samples and Compress Samples and save it.
    Delete the .nki and you have a bunch of disassociated .NCW files, sample name intact.

I'm just riffing off what Kloud said.

7. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Pinkman, good try, but I have tried that long time ago my version and now your version - same result; it doesn't want to map more than it fits into the mapping editor; now to fiddle with the mapping is not any less work than resaving individual nkis, nor is it guaranteed success.

8. sopánka

sopánka Member

How to convert from ncw to wav ..?

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

10. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

^^ THIS.

In Kontakt 6 it's File > Save As > Collect samples/Batch compress

11. ulrichburke

ulrichburke Newbie