Watermark in sounds - Possible to detect or not

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by Voznjicaidemo, Jul 31, 2018.

1. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Feel free to expand disapproval with some examples..

Just a modest observation/opinion..

On point. "How to make that sound.. how to sound like.. what sound library is used for.."; mimicking someone's expression, is handbrake of individual and collective progress. If that pattern was strictly followed from beginning, "native or folklore music" would be only music today.

False marketing resonates a false virtual reality in which anyone needs just few hardware prerequisites, and favorite daw (all needed included) will do a hit and make you ultra famous superstar in no time. All one have to do to achieve that level, is to buy or attend "daw operator" course, after which s/he will be capable of pumping out hits, on daily basis. What is the base or strive? What´s important? Playing with sound, chasing your expressive inner vision (even for him/herself solely), or becoming a cheesy sounds famous replicator superstar? Rhetoric.

I agree. Real, curious, explorative.. musicians, amateur and/or professional; will enjoy process of analytical digestion of known, and striving towards uncharted territories (analog, digital, combined); while gullible ones, in 90+% will spend (Thank god for warez, right? The good, carrying , gentile ones, that make exorbitant realization less hurtful) fair amount of $£€¥.. and time.. upon bitter realization of being duped by industry. Eventually, tone, sound, music.. as some self oscillating "deity" that travels with(in) human race, capable of interacting with humans on some intellectual/emotional level - as allways - will found own way of evolution, impetus and form of seductive manifestation.

EDM is (ART) result of (broad sound palette deficit) environment.

2. Boosire

Boosire Producer

I haven't witnessed uncharted territories in any of your video examples. Someone went back to blues and digested it, someone made his own version of an old tape echo and the last one advises you to go back to 4track tape machines to learn how to get creative via restriction process.

They are passionate and that's inspiring. But hardly pushing the boundaries in any way.

It takes this spirit you speak of AND the new technologies to go towards uncharted territories.
    Granted there are consumers.

But some people know what they buy and what they want to experiment with. I'm glad they have a large panel of things to choose from because the more chances they have to break through something new and exciting with the right tools.

3. statik

statik Audiosexual

well clearly you didnt, and this is also your hint/clue

4. Esteros

Esteros Member

Happens when you dont know to do music and use loops.
    I would jail developers of those loops for destroying an art.
    All of you that believe the sound can stay marked after processed in daw, or they can detect it by putting something inside frequencies and calling it a watermark, is equal to believe in Brother Grimm stories are real.

If Kontakt library developers would want to do this, that would mean they have to watermark a library for each user to have control over it, so if one lets library being spread they would sue him.
    If they watermark just once, that gets them nothing, they know its their library but is it paid or not, they never know.
    Watermarking is used maybe in some tracks, but in software sounds its funny to think about it.
    Also someone said that you can always say friend made loop for me.

Watermarking for tracking users is also against the law.
    If I bought something and find they follow my activity up, i would definitely sue them.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  5. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual