Watch this - especially for lefthanded guitar players!

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by phloopy, May 7, 2017.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

3. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Nice one. Has the strings reversed. Low E is on the bottom.

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Yes! Its the real thing!

5. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

It looks totally fake to me, but that's because I'm right handed and can't follow what the hell he's playing (as it's reversed) :rofl:

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I play rightly also but he is really playing it.

7. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Same to me, but I´ve seen this guy (concert) and it´s for real :yes:

8. C7

C7 Member

I am left handed and when I learned to play the guitar and bass I learned to play right handed; it really isn't that much more difficult. Maybe if you play classical guitar or a lot of finger style you may have slightly more difficulties than a naturally right handed person, but it still is manageable. I don't know why anyone would limit themselves to the few left handed guitars available out there and not put in the effort to learn to play right handed.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Yeah, i know it's real. It just looks funky to me because I heard things I couldn't see. You get used after watching a bit more :)

One of the guitar teachers I had did the same as you, and shreds like a mofo:

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  10. clem

clem Member

I've never understood why the guitar is the only musical instrument that comes in left/right models. I was 11 or 12 years old before I ever saw anyone playing a guitar backwards - and that was Paul McCartney on the Ed Sullivan Show.

I play RH but my left does the vast majority of the work with the Right holding a pick between thumb and forefinger while the Left is doing incredible gymnastics all over the fretboard with all 4 fingers and sometimes the thumb fretting the low E string. In school band I played a Trumpet and Baritone with 3 valves played with the right hand but later switched to a double French Horn with 4 valves played with the left hand.

Been to many symphonic concerts but never saw a violinist or cellist bowing with their left hand. Having a LH and RH violin sitting next to each other would probably result in a musical sword fight. Would a left handed piano have the low notes on the right and the high notes on the left?

If anyone can think of another instrument that comes in L/R configurations please enlighten me.