Watch Kenny Gioia pretend like reaper doesn’t suck

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Misterguywick, Feb 20, 2020.

1. juggz143

juggz143 Kapellmeister

Mannn I'm so glad you said this cus I was about to type this huge message explaining that maybe reaper does have this problem but its definitely NOT happening at this point in this video lol. Then I was going to explain how if you pay close attention there's a delay on the sound that rings out, combined with the fact the he "ironically" turned off the metronome as the clip looped. Other than that there is no hung note here. :dunno:

And LOL at the guy who doesn't even realize there's a delay happening :rofl:

2. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Offtopic but want to mention this anyway:
    In my situation, i do suffer from note hangs alot in Reaper with many thirdparty instrument plugins.
    This is, for me, a longstanding issue: i use Reaper for over 10 years now and the note hang issue was there right from the start
    and is still present.
    Sending an all notes off command does help sometimes but mostly not.
    Over the years, many others are (still) suffering from this issue.(just check the reaper forum and you will see).

I believe that apple users are suffering more from note hangs in Reaper than windows users.
    In all my other DAWs i use i totally don't have note hangs with the same used thirdparty instrument plugins.

For me its such an issue (i use midi alot in my projects), that i sometimes want to diss Reaper as my main daw and switch over to Studio One.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. tun

tun Rock Star

why dont you? i dont think i could live with that. how often does it happen?

fwiw i switched to studio one from cubase a couple of weeks ago and i am really loving it. there are a couple of things i have noticed that i dont like but nothing yet that will put me off using it, certainly nothing as bad as stuck notes (yet).
    i am still getting used to the workflow but the more i learn it the more i like how efficient it is.

4. RealBananas

RealBananas Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  5. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Thanks for the help but i totally don't use any bridged plugins, so it does not apply to my situation.

6. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

Kenny explained why he talks like that in his tuts. He said he has a thick Brooklyn accent and normally talks fast and people wouldn't understand what he was saying.
    Does anyone in Brooklyn not talk fast with a thick accent? :hillbilly:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List