Warp Acapella please help!

Discussion in 'Live' started by hankarlo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. hankarlo

hankarlo Ultrasonic

Hi all,
    Can any of you guys please help me warp "Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks acapella" to 128bpm

Heres a link to it: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7d7vy-NzLaGeEVlMjBkTVRaak0/edit?pli=1

I'd really really, appreciate if someone could warp it for me please?

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Here's my email. [email protected]

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Newsflash - the accapella is 128BPM already.

4. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

And "Warping" refers to changing the timing of audio two or more times in between the start and end points.

5. m0zart

m0zart Newbie

As the two replies mention, it's pretty straight forward. If you're warping in Ableton, there isn't much you "need" to do.

Create a new Live Set, set the temp to 128 BPM, turn off auto warp for long samples., drag and drop the audio file on to an audio track.
    Turn on the metronome and click the play button. If notice any places during play back that don't line up with the down beats of each measure, make sure you have beat 1 set on the downbeat at the start of the track.

You can look at the clip view of the file and ensure it's at 128 BPM.

I think it's really worth your time to warp it yourself. You'll learn SO much by digging into the track. And since you already given the BPM and it's more than likely 4/4 time signature; it's a great track to learn from and build your skills.

I did a quick search on YouTube and it looks like this video covers it quite well.

Post back questions once you've had a chance to dig into the track.

6. hankarlo

hankarlo Ultrasonic

Thanks for reply, Your right the orignal track is 128 bpm, but I cant get to sync in ableton, with another track any ideas?

7. mcclaine

mcclaine Ultrasonic

I don't know what you are doing, but if the track already is 128 bpm, and your project is also at 128 bpm, this is what you should do:

On the accapella's properties:
    1) turn the warp yellow button off
    2) make sure the start point is set to the very beginning (1:1:1)

Done.

If you want to modify the tempo, you can then turn the warp on again, and it will set the tempo to 128 BPM, so you can now slow it down or make it faster.

Hope this helps.