Warning re Windows Update KB4058702 - Jan.05.2018

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cardamom, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Cardamom, I had the exact same thing happen with Winows 10 and Sonar Platinum. Most of my warez programs were reset. Addictive Drums went into demo mode. Waves was no longer recognized. Izotope and several other programs also stopped working. I tried to install Waves 11/28 R2R and it is not recognized in Sonar. How did you finally rectify the situation?

2. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

The only one possible scenario when this (most likely) can happen is when the new system update is changing system id. Last time this happened when (for a minute) first redstone build came out. So, maybe, you should update your system more often and stop to use paranoidal "windows do not spy" bloatware? Not all plugins are affected and the solution is to re-register all your stuff.

3. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

This post should be illegal.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

haha im like this since 2010 and so far it worked well fine, patch stuff, which is very urgent, like the worm last year, with the security bug on intel cpus i will have to see.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Using Win7 x64sp1 since 2009 .. same system .. no problem. But I think before installing things.