Warning Ableton 10.1.4 is a nightmare with old project and plugin

Discussion in 'Live' started by groove, Nov 7, 2019.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i bet thats apples fault like usually ... so windows should be fine right?

i havnt checked out a new beta version of ableton ...

2. hrvstr

hrvstr Newbie

I followed this advice closely for iZotope Neutron. I code signed the bundle and changed the permission as described. The plugin still won't show up. Any idea?

3. droplet

droplet Rock Star

another great reason to fuck away with a bad apple!!

4. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

@hrvstr,

Try this:

Right Click on Neutron 3.vst (same procedure to AU and vst3) select Show Package Contents.there should be 3 folders. Open each and make sure there isn't any file named icon or icon?. If there is; delete it. Now open the Resources folder and right click, Show Package Contents on iZNeutron3.bundle. check all three folders for the files mentioned earlier; icon and icon?, delete them if you find them. Leave the finder window open showing the contents of the iZNeutron.bundle. Now open an instance of Terminal, Type "sudo codesign -f -s -"; without the quotes, put in a space then drag the iZNeutron3 executable from the MacOS folder. It should look exactly like this:
    sudo codesign -f -s - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Neutron\ 3.vst/Contents/Resources/iZNeutron3.bundle/Contents/MacOS/iZNeutron3
    Be sure that Terminal replies with "replacing existing signature".

I see you're new here; welcome to the club! In the future, please be sure to include your OS, DAW version, It helps us help you.

5. groove

groove Kapellmeister

it's not true massive and spire work I'm on catalina and Ableton 10.1.5 and working before that on 10.1.4...
    isotope plugin don't work on vst side even code sign but it's the only one and just use au that 's all it's not the end of world ....

6. heero

heero Newbie

You got Komplete Kontrol VST working in Live 11?

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Setting Up Ableton Live 9 / 10 / 11 for KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 (Mac)

If you want to set up Ableton Live for another KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard or OS, please click the corresponding link:

https://support.native-instruments....-10-11-for-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-S-Series-MK2-Mac-

8. heero

heero Newbie

Appreciate you taking the time to copy and paste all of that... but if you actually read the thread you'd see there is an issue getting VST to work in Live 11... we all know how to read the manual and we've all already tried it.

9. heero

heero Newbie

I figured out how to get Komplete Kontrol VST working in Live 11 so you can route midi input. I posted this in another thread, but thought I would add it here in case it's helpful:

Welp I figured it out - this will help all people who are trying to get Komplete Kontrol VST to work in Live 10.1.14 and Live 11...

Just for some background, the REASON everyone wants the VST (not the AU) is because Live does not support midi routing via AU. People like to setup an instance of Komplete Kontrol and then use the excellent Komplete scale and chord options as they play their keyboard... then they route that keyboard to any other track/VST and it will play the scale, chord, arp, etc... It's EXCELLENT for writing.

THE PROBLEM: The issue is that codesigning is always blocked on certain VST's and the user is given a vague error like mine. "Unsealed contents in the bundle root" basically means that there are contents in the root directory (first directory) of the bundle that should not be there. The reason we have all been struggling is because the culprit file is HIDDEN and doesn't even show if you enable hidden files or folders.

THE SOLUTION: You have to use terminal to find the hidden file and remove it:
    1. Open Terminal
    2. Change directory into the VST in question (for us, Komplete Kontrol.VST):
    cd /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Komplete\ Kontrol.vst
    3. Use the ls -a command in terminal to list ALL files including hidden (ls = list, -a = all files including hidden).
    ls -a
    4. You will see the Contents folder (which should be there) and the culprit file .DS_Store* that should NOT be there. .DS_Store is a file that MacOS automatically creates anytime you look into a folder using 'Finder'. The file then follows the folder everywhere it goes, including when it's archived into a bundle like this.
    5. Delete the offending file using terminal command (which is case sensitive):
    rm -f .DS_Store*

Now you can go ahead and run the usual commands:
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Komplete\ Kontrol.vst
    sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Komplete\ Kontrol.vst

chmod 777 /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Komplete\ Kontrol.vst
    sudo codesign -fs - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Komplete\ Kontrol.vst/
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Komplete\ Kontrol.vst/Contents/MacOS/Komplete\ Kontrol

I like to be thorough :)
    HOPE THIS HELPS!

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Yes, thanks for the answer and sorry! I am a Windows user and have posted on Good Luck.

11. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Thank you heero! Great solution, with a thorough explanation.

I kept using [CMD-SHIFT-.] and didn't realize that it shows MOST hidden files, but not ALL hidden files!

sneaky bastards!

12. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Producer

Same here :like: