Warez Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Sonar_Eclipse, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Sonar_Eclipse

Sonar_Eclipse Newbie

I would like to know if anyone knows of a web hosting service that does not restrict against containing warez on websites. I have looked at quite a few hosting services, and most of them say explicitly that having any information on your site pertaining to warez will result in immediate termination of the website in their terms and conditions.

That being said, it's clear that sites like this (and audioz.org) are hosted somehow. Are these hosted independently, on separate servers? Does anyone know of any alternatives?

Thanks.

3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

This site does not "Host" any warez.

4. Sonar_Eclipse

Sonar_Eclipse Newbie

Touche. But I did read in the terms of service that even linking or publishing content that describes or explains using warez is prohibited.

5. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I think you are missing the "grey" area in the whole legal aspects of sites like this. This site does not directly host any links to any warez.It simply allows it's members to post links to a "3rd" party Host. Any T.O.S. violations would be between that host and the developer.Also if you take a look you'll see that there is a very public way for any developer to file a DMCA and I know that SAiNT respects them.Now if you are thinking about trying to start a forum such as this one then it's actually very easy but be prepared for setbacks and problems from time to time. Pimping ain't easy and neither is running a straight up forum such as this one is.Now setting up an FTP network is the safest but then again that has drawbacks because you have to monitor everybody's ul\dl and overall bandwidth depending on which plan you can afford. If you really want to know more besides my mumbles I would suggest that you contact the owners of your fav. forums, Torrent sites etc.... You never know what info they may provide but!!!!!! Do not be surprised if you get nothing or a very nice "fuck Off" Either way it never hurts to ask if you are serious.