Wanting to do the unthinkable. But how? (Roland SRX plugin modifications)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by MokuseiFolf13, Aug 12, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

So I thought to myself: "Hey... With the copyright issues among other problems, what if there was a rip/dump of the samples Roland had to nab out for their virtualized SR-JV series?". Pressing on with that thought, I found a rather obscure modification of many of the SRX plugins, restoring what could've been the complete collection of samples and programs had there not been those pesky copyright complications. Great! Such an effort exists. Only problem? It's Windows only.

Okay, so if the resources are there to download, and it could be only a matter of tinkering with the Audio Units' resources (more so sound banks, and coordinates of said sound banks), what should I do?

I am aware that a viable and universal program for nabbing out files from vst3 Windows plugins comes down to Resource Hacker (which I'll test in the meantime), but what else might I have to do in order to accomplish this uncharted task?

In short: I found modified Windows-only Roland virtual instruments, mainly restored samples from modified plugins that I wanna port to their corresponding plugins on the Mac. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to any and all conversation as well~!

Update: I did manage to get RH to recognize and even show me the guts of the vst3 files, but I can't figure out how to tear out the .BIN files containing the samples, patches, etc. Thing is, the patches that came with the modified version knows what waveform to look for down to the number. I think I gotta somehow swap the actual PCM bins with the modified bins. Let me know! Help!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023