Wanted: Professional Pro Tools Mixers and Audio Editors

Discussion in 'Job Listings: Finding, Hiring.' started by snowcamo, May 5, 2016.

1. snowcamo

snowcamo Newbie

Hello everyone! I've been a long time lurker on this forum and everyone here has provided me with fantastic information. I know for a fact there are some brilliant audio engineers on this forum, so I thought this would be a great place to start gathering interest.

I'm starting an internship at a studio in San Jose California. My boss asked me if I could start looking for professionals for a team he is building. I don't have a lot of information about the exact project he is building this team for, but I have a meeting tomorrow and I will update accordingly. Right now I am just trying to find some people with some interest and ambition, who are looking for audio related work.

He is looking for people to fill two categories of positions; professional pro tools editors and pro tools mix engineers. The positions are open to anyone in the world and can be done online. It would be a benefit if you lived in the California bay area, but definitely isn't a requirement.

For the pro tools audio editors, he is looking for people competent in any or all of the following; Beat Detective, Elastic Audio, Melodyne, AutoTune, and Slate Trigger. Additional skills with other plugins or software suites is obviously a positive, but these are the primary ones that he is looking for.

For the mixers, simply anyone that can mix digitally in Pro Tools. Pro Tools digital mixing is a requirement, he does not want any external hardware mixers.

Like I mentioned above, I will have more info about the project and what the end goal is tomorrow. He didn't want to explain it over email, so the project may be very complex, or in the planning phase still.

I would appreciate it if you could PM me the following:
    1. The best email to contact you at
    2. A phone number to contact you at
    3. A website URL, if you have an online portfolio, or related platform
    4. A resume
    5. Some examples of your work. Preferably before and after of the edits, or mixing
    6. Rates you typically charge for your work

I understand if you don't want to send all that information to a random intern on the internet, so if you feel uncomfortable giving any of that out, please feel free to send whatever you are comfortable with. If you don't want to send anything right now, but are interested in the job, don't hesitate to comment and I will get back to you with more information.

I'm not sure if my boss is okay with me posting his information on a forum like this, but he has been in the industry for a long time and has an extremely diverse portfolio with many accolades.

Thanks again for reading, I really appreciate it.

3. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Seems like a good job, BUT this doesn't seem to fit

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

Slate, is that you again?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

:rofl:

also, my boss this and my boss that... btw your boss Slate, waits his cofee :rofl:...you are here from 7 April ...do you expect us to jump on your boat just like that?

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  6. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

isn't this that guy again, who recently wanted people to mix his tracks for free or something? nevermind, he's got strange sense of humor. bit obnoxious. but it works. I found him funny.

7. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

I think the site moderators should change this to April's 1st instead of 7th.It will fit better.

8. snowcamo

snowcamo Newbie

I was going to post my first question about a month ago, but I ended up figuring it out myself. I primarily use Audioz, but occasionally come here when I see an interested discussion. By long term lurker, I would more accurately describe it as ~a year and a half.

To be completely honest, I realize this seems a bit precarious, but I'm not asking for anything other than interest at the moment.

Lastly I'm not sure who Slate is... If there was a recent posting with similar substance, I can assure you that isn't me. If you would like, feel free to ask a moderator to run an IP check. If any of you are actually interested, I would be happy to provide proof of this being legitimate via PM. Tomorrow will be my first day and I was asked to gather some info about professionals. Honestly I just want to make a good impression and hopefully put my foot in the door, opening up some opportunities in the industry. Once again I'm sorry if this comes across as vague, scanty, and sketchy, but I immediately thought of three forums I could ask when he gave me the task and this was one of them. Sincerely sorry if this post offended you, if I came across as too demanding, or if I seemed to be another member of the forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

This is not a duplicate IP. give the guy a chance to post details tomorrow. Before everyone jumps on this, remember we should always be civil, and a lurker can read and visit this forum without being a member. We are a forum with respected members and should act as such.

This should make you guys feel good that you and others of this forum are viewed in this manner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

Ah, that's ok, you don't need to sell me. I'm sure it's you again, just a different approach this time. Previous was a tad mean and obnoxious and didn't work, you know. Well, you do know, right.

ned944

IP check? really? so valid, this check. I can change my IP to any country right now. "Hi, I'm from Alaska and my name is Ataninnuaq, nice to know you all, guys".

11. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

Nice to meet you too Ataninnuaq and welcome to the forum.How's the weather there?

@ned944 Ok.This sounds good.I'm giving him a chance although he doesn't have to prove that he's telling the truth.If anyone is interested can reply.I just felt uncomfortable with the idea of giving away my personal info without even knowing anything about the person who's interested into it.Maybe it's just me being too suspicious but as i'm not interested in this job i will not try to manipulate others not to apply and the teasing will end here.My bad.

12. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

Agreed @Producer, wouldn't give up my info either but still no reason to just bash just because.

@Wurlie Rocker as far as I can check it is not, I know they can be hidden just stating what I could check as MOD.

My point is, if no one is comfortable with giving info or participating, then don't respond. We do not have to bash or hammer everyone who posts like this. If your not interested, then Go make music, These posts will fade away into the background. They only stay upfront and in the eyes of everyone, when everybody jumps into to comment and bash.

If we as a community do not want posts like this, then we can choose to ignore them and they will fade away.

If someone is interested they can respond as they like.

We do not have to make every post a billboard of nasty and negative responses, we are better than that. (and I am, referencing the previous thread of same topic from earlier)

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  13. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

From my experience, I can say that I used the sister site for many YEARS before even considering signing in as a registered user. The same apply to AudioSex. I have no reason to suspect @snowcamo. I'm no ProTools Mixer, so I cannot give this opportunity a shot. But as @ned944 stated in his last comment:
    "We do not have to make every post a billboard of nasty and negative responses". We are better than that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. snowcamo

snowcamo Newbie

Thank you for your support, I really do appreciate it!

That is exactly how I would describe my own experience.

15. snowcamo

snowcamo Newbie

Hey I just wanted to update. He is looking for people to work on a couple of singles that are going to be used for Albums. Honestly I think I sort of misunderstood what he is trying to do and I'm not sure if this is really the best place to find the people he is looking for. He is looking for highly experienced professionals, the kind that charge thousands of dollars for mixing. I know there are people like that on audiosex, but I don't feel like that is that is the majority. Also he isn't looking for people to contract immediately, but to increase his pool of available talent when he is producing a record. I feel like I wrote this post as if it was for an immediate job and it definitely isn't, I apologize for that. To the people that contacted me, I will still forward your information to him. Once again sorry if I wasted anyones time, I just had a different idea of what my boss wanted, after meeting him I realized it was different.