Want your feedback!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by MrLyannMusic, Aug 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hi AudioSex Fellas, hope you're all well and fine,

here's a little something orchestral i just worked on...

Sorry about the Audio Quality on the video, i have included a better Version, with download option enabled,

https://clyp.it/rzjmtwbl?token=aa018e1293d6e895174ec7d995afb18c

you can download and listen if you wish...

What i'm looking in feedback is the overall idea, and how can i make it better, and if you feel like it, you can add your own thing after you download it, Quality, and mixing choices...

i know it is a simple idea for the moment, and i wish to make it even better with your help!

Hope you like it guys!

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I think it needs different melody elements.

Listen to the Game of Thrones theme as an example if you want to tackle 'orchestral' pieces. Unlike dance music staying in one key is very rarely done. Chords have to change in a two minute span.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I like how it sounds as a good start. More variety would be welcome for that length as @dragonhill well said.

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

I agree, the root has to move, after 16 or 24 bars consider changing key entirely, minor 3rd upward should work wonders.

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Hello,

yeah they' right, it needs harmonic movement (heard of circle of fifth?)!

But don't learn a lesson from the original Game of thrones theme arrangement, it's absolutely boring, yours is better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Cudo

Cudo Kapellmeister

I can hear some kind of accented 16th, not to upfront. Maybe snare drum, marcato violins or marimba maybe. Not all the time, just to lift every so often.

8. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Let me start by saying I am just a student of music theory.
    As @Andrew mentioned, try the main line with a Eb bass. Gives it a slightly more hopeful mood.

Now for something more radical, try changing the Eb when you climb up the second half of your riff to an E.
    E for bass under the main riff now sounds good, esp after the Eb bass.
    Try the line up a few octaves with a sustained Ab bass, maybe on the softer parts for a happy and very hopeful version of the line.....

The fact is, even with my limited knowledge, I can present myself with choices.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

Lacks Drum Progression/Patterns and needs some melodies and progression..

10. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

It feels like it's gonna start somewhere, then the song is already finished
    Wish I could be more helpful but I can't say much more than "it feels empty"

11. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Game Of Thrones has a lot to answer for. Your composition is good, but you stopped when you reached the limit of your comfort zone. Of course this all you need for gaming, but if you desire to understand orchestration, take out the drums and add an oboe or a bassoon, use them as countermelodies, try flutes, go up an octave. This will inject air and upward movement. At the moment it's bogged down in a limited tonality and scale. I knew nothing of orchestration until pushed by somebody far more talented than myself and I found I could do it. Because I loved it.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

well first of all Thank you all for your feedback, sorry for the delay, each time i decide to reply something comes up, and i forget, again...

understood, well try to come up with something, that works with this, not sure about Got tho...

Appreciate it man, and yes i'll be re-opening the project soon!

Noted Andrew, will see what sounds like.

no, but i do now, And Thanks man kinda make me happy lol, i'll see what i can find about the circle of fifth, totally appreciate it man!

also Noted Cudo Thanks!

first of all thank you for your comment, very helpful, i'll have to copy some of the replys here, so whenever i open the project again i'll try to apply whatever i can.

just one thing to mention @dragonhill i have never been to a music school nor i have any knowledge, anything i make or i compose is purly made with ears, i know i'm walking blind here, and i'm planning to get to a musical school as soon as possible, just waiting on my new keyboard to come.

the idea did not include drums, but might be a good idea later, but not sure what you mean about patterns ?

i see, well you might be right, probably that's why i'm seeking feedbacks here, appreciate the comment tho!

hi @tooloud Thank you for your comment, yeah you got it right, "reached the limit of your confort zone" i didn't want to make it too complicated for myself, as that's might be out of my league for the time being, tried to keep thing under control for myself, i could have gone a step further, but i decided to get some help from here first, i'll use your comment as a guide for the time being, i'll try to experiment with...

got me jalouse tho, i wish i had someone like you!

totally appreciate the comments guys!

13. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

My extent of musical knowledge comes from learning on my own also.
    Even before music school though you can start learning theory on piano and guitar from Rich Beato among countless other on the Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJquYOG5EL82sKTfH9aMA9Q

This is also very interesting to get started for variation suggestions:

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

perfect! you wouldn';t want to change it to have more melody or whatnot because it would draw attention away from the movie or tv show it would go with.( you should write for movies and tv shows its right up your alley)
    https://www.taxi.com/

15. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Thank you for the link @dragonhill gonna watch it for sure soon, sometime i prefer to watch stuff when i want to, so i can take as mush information as possible, Appreciated friend! :like:

lovely comment, Thank you very mush mate, kinda puts a smile on my face!
    that's the road i'm going with (or at least what i had i mind for quite some time now!), it is just i have to feel 100% ready before i do any serious step!
    again Thank you for your comment, totally appreciate it!

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

here is a couple things that can be of help to you im just going to put it up for you check out give you some ideas .type of inspiration ( you might know lot of it already though)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]