Want to hire someone to export .nkr

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by L760, Dec 21, 2015.

1. L760

L760 Newbie

Probably this is impossible, but I'm looking for someone who can help me out extracting a .nkr.
    I need the Ir samples which are inside. If interested let me know. The .nkr is designed for Kontakt 5.
    So it's more difficult than just using a hex editor..

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

It's quite easy using game extracting software that search for known hex patterns. One such software is Dragon UNpacker

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Who Me

Who Me Producer

Have u thought abt just sampling the IR's directly from Kontakt's output.

1) Load a short click sample into Kontakt

2) Send it to the convolution effect to trigger the IR.

3)Send the output of the convolution effect to it's own discrete output/aux.

4) Record/bounce the aux return without the dry click.

5) Trim ur new IR file to your needs

6) Done...

5. L760

L760 Newbie

Thank you for the replies so far.

Question to Andrew: when I used to extract older .nkr's, it was just a question of knowing where to cut them using a hex editor. When you loaded the entire .nkr in audacity for example as raw data, you were able to see where all the IR samples were located. Now this all became impossible, it's like they scrambled the text inside the .nkr. On this page https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-nkr.9205/page-2 BoogieMonster already pointed out that Hyperripper from Dragon UNpacker doesn't seem to work. Are you sure this still could be the solution? Do you maybe have some experience with the more recent .nkr files?

Note to 'Who Me': I must say I tried this method once, the results were ok, but still far from perfect. I know this my last hope. but first I would like to check the possibility of a clean extraction.

6. L760

L760 Newbie

...@ Andrew: the reason I was asking is that I don't own a PC. Trying to install it using winebottler, but without success so far.. any chance you would be willing to have a look at it if I send you the file using wetransfer?

7. mono

mono Audiosexual

hi not sure but you can have a look at this.
    http://www.extranslator.com/

theres a few vids how to use it on youtube,

ps just seen your not on windows lol

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  8. L760

L760 Newbie

thanks Momo, but .nkr is not in their list..

9. Who Me

Who Me Producer

The result shud be perfect (albeit governed by the quality of Kontakt's IR effect)... The process is identical to how IR's are made in the first place.

I've made plenty using this method with no issues and no 'noticable' difference between my version and the original source IR.

Maybe give it another try...and read up on some tutorials on how to create 'effective' IR's.

It could be something as simple as gain staging the whole process a little more carefully.

10. L760

L760 Newbie

Thank you for yet another reply 'who Me'. Could it be that you only copied IR-files used for reverbs? The IR-files I need are simulations of speaker cabinets, maybe this kind of IR's are less forgiving,...or I do need to do it more carefully like you said : ) ...anyway thanks for your help. For now I will first investigate if the .nkr's can still be extracted.

11. Who Me

Who Me Producer

I have created some insert based IR's yes, not just reverbs.

The method I used for them however was based on a swept sine tone, and the resulting audio then post processed with an IR convolver.

12. L760

L760 Newbie

So you really think I can get perfect copies of the IR's this way? That's good news. A shame that they are so difficult to extract from the original .nkr's, certainly because the normal samples are so easy to get from the .nki's

13. L760

L760 Newbie

If someone is interested in the topic and would be willing to try out Dragon UNpacker (Windows only) with a .nkr (which I can send by wetransfer), please let me know. It's incredible that there are no similar softwares for a recent version of OSX.

14. L760

L760 Newbie

I now discovered that the waves inside the .nkr are still clearly separated, but by big spaces (00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00) instead of the word 'RIFF'. So the .nkr doesn't seem to be fully scrambled. I have however no clue of how to continue. Before (older .nkr) I just had to cut everything before the word 'RIFF' and everything from the next 'RIFF' on to end up with a single .wav ...now it needs additional treatments.

15. L760

L760 Newbie

unfortunately dragon unpacker doesn't work

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  16. L760

L760 Newbie

Still no one interested? My offer is $50 to have a single file extracted.

17. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

@L760 - How many files are there? You can point to them through Kontakt instrument and then have it resaved. It's quite straightforward for couple of files, but not hundreds. Still unnks can help you to find out how many files are there in the archive. Would you mind sending me the archive through PM?
    PS: Yes, I just tested it, Dragon UNPacker works only for extracting images from nkr.

18. L760

L760 Newbie

I just sent you a PM Andrew :)