Want to get into some Acoustic Guitar stuff! Need help with a Two Steps From Hell song!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Venom3, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Venom3

Venom3 Newbie

Hello everybody!

I recently listened to this song by Two Steps From Hell:

I recently downloaded Prominy Hummingbird to get into some Acoustic Guitar stuff!
    I don't know how chords work, and I don't find good tutorials on this Library on Youtube. So I was trying to play around with it by re-creating the first few seconds on that song.

To my untrained ear I would say there are 2 (later 3) acoustic guitars playing mostly single notes or Arpeggios. One guitar plays a repeating note over and over again, the other does some kind of Arpeggio. The third one is the actual melody of the song.

But mine sounds a little bit empty still, I don't know how it sound so rich in this song? Are there Synths in it or some sustaining notes in the background? Or just a strong reverb?

If somebody uses this Library and could help me in re-creating the first few seconds I'd be really happy!
    If you use another library that can also make a great result, I could also go ahead and switch to that one! :)

All I would love to do is re-create (parts of) this song to get into Acoustic Stuff. I hope somebody can help me!

3. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

Hi there!
    It sounds like it's nylon string guitars with different amounts of reverb on them and some delay. They sound like they are recorded straight into a DAW with piezo pickups.

The library you are using is steel string guitar so it might not sound the same.

Hope this helps