Want to buy Komplete Standard. Will kd libs work?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by rquintas, Jun 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. rquintas

rquintas Newbie

Hi guys. I have been looking at NI summer deals and don't know if i buy a Komplete 14 Standard will be able to install my k'd libs and add the independent ones to the legit Kontakt. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Install a portable version of Kontakt for borrowed libraries, and run it alongside the legit one with legit libraries.

4. Bandit

Bandit Producer

That does not work.
    You need a K'd or portable version of Kontakt for those libraries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. rquintas

rquintas Newbie

Thanks for your answers. I guess that defeats the purpose of buying Komplete cause will have to keep a k'd kontakt.
    In case i do that, do you suggest a working previous version to install along side the Kontakt 7 ? I have a mac with M1 max chip.
    Thanks again!

6. Bandit

Bandit Producer

I am not on Mac. But I run 6 and 7 next to eachother. As some libraries work on one, and not the other with me. Too lazy to find out if I can fix it, but it works for now.

7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

If you're only getting it for Kontakt, then possibly not worth it if you're happy with the K'd one.

I have Komplete 13 (standard as well), and I like that everything is easy to manage, and easy to find (everything tagged and mapped to my controller).

And I have a portable Kontakt running alongside to try out libraries, it's no hassle really.

8. rquintas

rquintas Newbie

Maybe i'll do that. Do you know which portable is working fine and can be used at the same time as 7?

9. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

I think any portable one on the sister site will do. I can't remember what I installed myself, but the Bob Dule releases seem to be highly regarded over here. And he's active on the forum, which is a massive bonus.

10. rquintas

rquintas Newbie

Thanks a lot for your help!

11. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

I have a PC with an everything-legit setup and I have Komplete 13 Collectors ed. there ..and this summer I find it hard to justify the update price for the new stuff added (and some taken away, like Absynth, Scarbee Funk guitarist, there's probably some other stuff..)

But yeah, at the end I'll probably get the update for those 249€.. but it's Coll.Ed. I probably wouldn't bother with anything less..
    And mainly, this is why:
    Same here! I praise the guys that are giving us this option (Maschine portable would be a dream come true..) I can even say this:

NI should be grateful for those releases, heck, they should pay our great guys for doing that because, If it wasn't for the K legit+ K portable option, I would most certainly NOT update my complete CE. I would just delete everything and go for 100% k'd

You have to decide for yourself though. I am not on Mac, but I guess it can only be even more difficult to have NI legit/k'd stuff mixed.. OTOH it can make more sense to have legit there, idk.. I'd suggest you double check if the Kontakt portable really works on Mac - it only says software-windows. I'm sure some Mac guy will come to confirm.. :)

12. rquintas

rquintas Newbie

Ok, so i just found out that there are no Portable versions for Mac listed. Is it Windows only? Does anyone with Mac system know about this?