WannaCry - has anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ddoctor, May 15, 2017.

1. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

I never have problems with viruses because I don't do anything unsafe - no need and no interest; but how they are crying about this makes me think I could get infected without even doing anything!

3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

its the Y2K bug allover again maybe:dunno:

4. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Luckly never seen a ransomware :guru:

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Was just about to post about it here. I haven't seen it, but the company I work in is CRAZY about it. Plus it seems there's an updated variant.
    Folks, if you share one router with several people you don't know, I'd recommend you to drop using Windows for accessing internet for the next few days till the wave is over (no need to install anything, just grab SLAX and extract it to your USB keychain). Even though M$ might be reporting that they patched all systems, better be safe than sorry.
    Normally, I'd let something like this slide as pure media fear mongering, but it's only too late with ransomware.
    Stay safe. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

7. TW

TW Guest

Get rid of your old outdated win XP. Not 1 single attack on win 10. Win 7 and 8 were patched 2 month ago (Feb and march). MS told everyone 4 years ago XP is outdated its hard to keep it secure thats why they droped it. If you dont use win xp and update your system regulary you have nothing to fear.

8. Willum

Willum Rock Star

If you don't already make image backups of your system drive and file backups of your data, then now would be a great time to start.

At the minimum download a free version of Macrium Reflect here, https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree and image you system drive. Sadly the free version of reflect doesn't backup folders and files, well worth buying it if you can afford it as well.

9. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...of-all-wannacry-victims-were-using-windows-7/

Over 98% of All WannaCry Victims Were Using Windows 7

The statistics come to disprove popular belief that WannaCry hit mostly Windows XP machines. "The Windows XP count is insignificant," said Costin Raiu, director of Global Research and Analysis Team at Kaspersky Lab.

10. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Because Windows 7 is still most used OS and people prefer disabling Automatic Updates.

11. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

This, and the fact that Windows 7 itself will "disable" updates by effectively crashing the update service. Seen this happen on many different client's Windows 7 PC's.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List