Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V, Nave, Largo reset trial :) (Windows)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Waver, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

After extensive experiments within process monitor I found that the files in
    C:\ProgramData\DirectX\Profiles
    are the ones responsible for the trial period. Just delete those to reset trial. :wink:
    Until R2R releases those synths use this method. :yes:

I use the trials from site.

P.S. R2R hands down for your work guys! :mates:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

lol awesome find

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

I can find no such directory at the location you describe.

W7 64

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Interesting, I don't have that folder either. Maybe they get made when you install Waldorf synths? I don't have any installed. Stuff like that being in DirectX folder sounds strange because this folder is generally used for game profiles. I'm willing to try it, though. Are you really sure this works Waver or maybe you misinterpreted something?

6. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

That folder is indeed created after you install (and run I believe) the Waldorf stuff. I can confirm that this technique works for me. W7 64

Thanks for the knowledge Waver. Appreciate it

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Also working in Win10 x64.

8. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Yes, you have to install and run the Waldorf plugins for the folder to show up. I'm glad it worked for you guys!
    You're welcome! :)

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It indeed worked! Brilliant discovery Waver! :wink: Thank you so much! Grab the downloaders people while you can. Somebody at Waldorf will possibly read this and then this hack will stop working. I downloaded all the Waldorf installers at once to be sure I got the working versions. :wink:

This must be the easiest hack ever. From Synchrosoft to this. Surprisingly easy.:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Joe_sleaze

Is the installer you guys are referring to attainable from Waldorfs´ website? I'll give it a try later on.

11. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Joe_sleaze, yes, you have to register.
    SineWave, true it was easy but I was really lucky too. I had some help from above, believe me. :bleh:
    Probably this works on the other software too, haven't tested it. They will change it possibly, but until then we can enjoy it. :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  12. Over the years I have tried out different versions of PPG Wave on various different computers and every time it does wacky stuff to my computer. I am pretty sure it just doesn't like me. The last time I tried was just recently and my Windows User became corrupted which is a pain in the butt (for me) to deal with and straighten everything out. I will try again with this and if it works out will let y'all know.

13. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Maybe it had to do with Synchrosoft.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

However, it doesn't recall the presets in Reaper. I've been playing around With the PPG Wave for a couple of hours. Sometimes it can load a preset saved in Reaper, but I'm not sure how I got it to load yet. Maybe this could be easily "adjusted" by "somebody" lol, but we're on a plugin diet these days... [cough], shame though. It still kinda fits my workflow as I'm recording audio directly onto another computer [so pretty much any demo can be used unless there's noise every 15s ;)], but still total recall seems not possible atm and that would be wonderful to have.

15. Joe_sleaze

I registered at Waldorf, which plugins should i download? All those in the trial section? Nave, Lector, Largo, PPG?

16. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

SineWave Yeah, same thing in Sonar. It only loads the bank I used before with the 1st patch selected. Thanks for the heads up.
    Joe, yes. I don't know about Lector but you can test it, it could work.

Sinewave, maybe you can assign a program change in your DAW so that it selects the patch you want.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  17. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Very good thinking Waver! :wink: Program change could work if the bank loading works. I'll have to test that. It seems like the activation popup window is hindering total recall/loading a preset. It might be a better idea to save presets within the PPG, in its browser. I managed to load 100% every time a patch I created this way. It is weird that internal preset browser would work better than external Reaper preset browser. Anyway, things definitely don't look so bleak after all! :wink:

I have yet to test Lector and Largo... I am primarily interested in PPG and Lector. PPG 2.3 was one of my first hardware synths, and I love vocoders. Lector is a really good and flexible vocoder.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  18. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

I tried it in Sonar and Program change doesn't work, so the best way is what you said, to save the patches within PPG.
    However in Largo and Nave, total recall works. Just saved a project with a preset selected and it opened there.

19. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Largo works perfectly! :) Big smile here because it's pretty much the same thing as Terratec Komplexer that I really loved but it was discontinued years ago and x86 only. Yay! :headbang:

The only drawback/difference being that you cannot save parts in Largo?? That's so idiotic and bordering insane. So why does it have 4 stereo multi-outs if not to be used to play 4 different parts through them? So weird that parts cannot be saved, only whole 4-part programs. :facepalm: That's what you get when synths are being developed by programmers not musicians who use the synth for playing, in real studio environment. I find it so handy to be able to have just one synth with multiple outputs and multiple sounds open. I would actually like it to have 8 outputs and be able to load 8 different sounds on different channels. Or 16. :) This way we've got a synth that is multi-out capable but I can only use those outs for layered sounds. Hmmm. Not a very sane design decision. :mad: More like stupid to death. :razz:

Anyway, I'm so glad that I got my "Komplexer" back! :wink: Lovely, special sounding synth. :love:

20. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

It is a shame yes. PPG can do that fortunately.

21. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

what is the libary on mac osx? anyone knows?